Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this past friday I was hoping to get my 93' back from performance motorsports but chris is still waiting on the polished turbo housing. So me and a friend of mine jumped in the 98' and headed to the drag strip. I was pretty impressed with my time but am not to sure where exactly I stand. So how do you guys think I did, not to mention I am 16 and this was the first time to race a supra in the 1/4 mi.
The car is bone stock with the exception of a K&N air filter, and the tires that are on it have terrible traction, rage road huggers.
Oh and I only got to make 2 passes due to so many people there.

1st pass:
60' 2.2
1/8: 8.7
1/4: 13.4

2nd pass:
we wont talk about that one, I tried to launch the car harder and the tires just spun.:mad:

G

·
chad 93TT said:
Ok this past friday I was hoping to get my 93' back from performance motorsports but chris is still waiting on the polished turbo housing. So me and a friend of mine jumped in the 98' and headed to the drag strip. I was pretty impressed with my time but am not to sure where exactly I stand. So how do you guys think I did, not to mention I am 16 and this was the first time to race a supra in the 1/4 mi.
The car is bone stock with the exception of a K&N air filter, and the tires that are on it have terrible traction, rage road huggers.

1st pass:
60' 2.2

2nd pass:
we wont talk about that one, I tried to launch the car harder and the tires just spun.:mad:
Very good time for a stock supra :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yah. That is not bad at all..My VERY FIRST time down the track in my supra with 4xxwhp I ran a 14.7 at 116 with a 2.7 60ft :( The thing that was worse is that I had my plates "VIPRKLR" on my car and their was a stock GTS that was running high 12's :( my car is a 6spd and I launched WAY TO HIGH.

Is your Manual or Auto?

·
High On Boost
407 Posts
That times sucks but if you put it on a Nitto it will do low 12s like it's going out of style.

Pete

·
Big Member
707 Posts
chad 93TT said:

1st pass:
60' 2.2

2nd pass:
excuse my noobness, but what rpm do you launch a stock 6 speed at?

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,476 Posts
I would say that you have a strong running car more than anything. The 60' foot time was alright but get it down to a lower 2 or high 1's and you will be in good shape. Get some sticky tires on the car and see what she can do..:)

I didn't realize there was such thing as a stock Supra still in existence. :p

Mike

G

·
TheMadSupra said:
Yah. That is not bad at all..My VERY FIRST time down the track in my supra with 4xxwhp I ran a 14.7 at 116 with a 2.7 60ft :( The thing that was worse is that I had my plates "VIPRKLR" on my car and their was a stock GTS that was running high 12's
LOL!!! :D

Anyway, ditto what MrTT said. Get some stickies on that thing and try to get down to a 1.8 60 ft. That will pay off handsomely in the quarter! ;)

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,198 Posts
Great times for a first timer in a stock 6 speed! What color is your 93? I stopped by performance motorsports 2 weeks ago and met Chris, Kean and S.W. I noticed they had a few projects going on. Very nice people too!

Brandon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts