Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
greasemonkey
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a number i can call to contact hks to get my evc 3 repaired? i emailed them and never got a response. it reads vac and boost fine but for some reason it wont control boost properly. i dont know whats wrong with it. itll work fine to ~10psi. if i try for anything higher it acts as if the wastegate hose is disconected intirely. i have pulled the stepping motor apart and the seals and everything are fine. i just want it fixed.
william

·
Registered
376 Posts
try switching the vac lines around. switch the lines from the compressor housing with the one to the waste gate. i had mine switched up and it would go over the boost that i set it at. so tear it down, and rconnect the vac lines over again and make supre they're going to the proper spot on the stepping motor. good luck, hope this helps

·
greasemonkey
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats not it. it worked fine for over 2 years with no change on the lines plus i already double checked that. there is something just wrong with the unit. i currently have a mbc hooked up for the time being.

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
(310) 491 3300

Just give them a ring and ask for the tech dept. Let me know what you find out. I have an evc4 that I would like to get working again (it also doesn't control boost correctly) so I can sell it.

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
have u replaced the air filters???

·
greasemonkey
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the air filters are brand new. ill give them a call

1 - 6 of 6 Posts