Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to use the Offset function in EVC 5? What is your setting at from 1-200? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i have the evc5 and i have know idea what your talking about, but then again i havnt looked at it in a while ill open the glove box tongiht and see what ur talking about!

~Andrew

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Offset Setting Mode is in -7- According to the Manual the Offset Setting Mode is to adjusts the boost response and stability. I would like to know what other user are setting their number at.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
I thought all EVC5s had displays? Anyways, I got an EVC 5 with PSI readout. Can you explain this Offset function more?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Troux said:
I thought all EVC5s had displays? Anyways, I got an EVC 5 with PSI readout. Can you explain this Offset function more?
Yes all EVC 5 comes with Display. Since the EVC II and the EVC IIZ doesn't have the Display, you cannot use this feature. The OFFSET SETTING MODE adjusts the boost response and stability according to the manual. I am still figure out how this feature really work.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
For people who dont have a manual its a pain in the ass to just get to that offset mode which is just like the gain on other controllers. The units come preset at a 100 and you can go up or down from there. I had mine set to 100 and then played around with it a bit and above a hundred at 120 it allows the wastegate to stay closed longer to get to the desired boost a little faster but each wastegate is different so its worth playing around with the settings a bit. WARNING..those dials which set boost get really sensite too when you raise the gain so just rember to turn them all the way down and keep an eye on the boost.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
MANI009 said:
For people who dont have a manual its a pain in the ass to just get to that offset mode which is just like the gain on other controllers. The units come preset at a 100 and you can go up or down from there. I had mine set to 100 and then played around with it a bit and above a hundred at 120 it allows the wastegate to stay closed longer to get to the desired boost a little faster but each wastegate is different so its worth playing around with the settings a bit. WARNING..those dials which set boost get really sensite too when you raise the gain so just rember to turn them all the way down and keep an eye on the boost.
Mani009, thanks for your input! For those that doesn't have the Manual or doesn't know how to get to OFFSET SETTING MODE here is how.

1. EVC power ON
2. hold down MOD button more than 1 second. After you release the MOD button, you will see -4- (in the upper left corner on the Display.
3. hold down on the MOD button again for 1 second. When you release it, you will see -7- (in the upper left corner)now you are in OFFSET MODE and also see preset 100%.
4. use SEL button or SBC button to input OFFSET values. The setting value range is from 10-200% and in 1% increment.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I tried using this "offset function" the other night and my bpu Supra TT was hitting 1.5bar outside the preset 100 whether I went up or down? Didn't want ti fry my twins so I stopped playing with the offset function. Anyone know why this happened?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts