Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The EVC 5 was hooked up when I bought the car. For some reason I cant boost over 18 psi even if the knobs are adjusted fully clockwise. If I adjust the gain it still boosts 18 psi.

When I switch off the EVC I get stock boost, but it on I always get 18 psi. I would like to try 20 psi with some race gas and on the strip. I studied the manual today for a good half an hour and played with the settings but nothing worked.

Can someone post their EVC5 settings so I can try them on my car?

regards
Krister

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Gauranteed fix: wastegate spring mod. Boost higher, boost holds, no drop off :) Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Also check for any small leaks.

·
Under Construction
555 Posts
The EVC 5 was hooked up when I bought the car. For some reason I cant boost over 18 psi even if the knobs are adjusted fully clockwise. If I adjust the gain it still boosts 18 psi.

When I switch off the EVC I get stock boost, but it on I always get 18 psi. I would like to try 20 psi with some race gas and on the strip. I studied the manual today for a good half an hour and played with the settings but nothing worked.

Can someone post their EVC5 settings so I can try them on my car?

regards
Krister
I was wondering if it's worth pushing those turbos to 20psi? I never had stockers but I was told you wear them down quickly at those boost levels and they are beyond their efficiency.Not sure though.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I would also reset the ECU. After you've been driving around on 93 oct (U.S. measure I think not the Finish measure) and doing 18psi even marginally, the ECU has probably learned to pull some timing, so might as well reset it.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I was wondering if it's worth pushing those turbos to 20psi? I never had stockers but I was told you wear them down quickly at those boost levels and they are beyond their efficiency.Not sure though.
No big deal, makes a good reason to go single sooner ;)

Gauranteed fix: wastegate spring mod. Boost higher, boost holds, no drop off :) Enjoy the car.
Hmm, I might try that if nothing else helps. It's just strange that nothing seems to help if I play with the EVC5 settings..

I'll try to pull the wastegate hose and see what happens, if I wont boost past 18psi with the hose pulled it must be the wastegate spring. If I boost more then, it must be the EVC5, correct?

Krister, did you check how the solenoid is installed?
Nope, you can do that tomorrow at the track :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts