Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is over boosting on the highway. In 6th gear @3200rpms my car will boost 1.6 bar with the boost controller off. Does anyone know what I can do to stop this? With the boost controller I usually leave it at 1.4 bar and it stays there to redline but tonight it's acting up.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had that problem a while back...jumped to 25psi without touching the EZ setting. alot of people tell me its vacuum leak at the wastegate actuator, but I found nothing there. however, I remembered I disabled the VSV right above 2nd turbo...forgot what it controls, but after I put it back the VSV and its hoses I have yet overboost.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in cool weather and in the higher gears all bets in controlling boost are off. weak waist gait :p

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Make sure the vacuum cap that you use for thr nipple that is pointing down on the actuator does not have a crack or something wrong with it. Those caps will crack with time.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have it hooked to the Pressure Tank? If so that's the reason. You have no control over the #1 turbo when connected that way. In the cold it's easy to boost. 23.2PSI on the number one can't be good.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it's hooked to the pressure tank..

My car is in TTC and it easily boost 1.4-4.5 at wot with the boost controller off. How do I fix it?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Connect everything back to stock. Go for a ride.... If everything is well start installing your HKS Ez like the blitz hookup.

WWW.MKIV.COM
blitz dsbc electronic boost controller installation

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shit....

Alright I do it to save my turbos. I payed good money to have it hooked up and now this. Thanks for the info.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did too.. The good new is you BC is already wired back through the firewall and the stepping motor is mounted. The bad news is getting to the pressure tank is a PITA depending how they did yours. Unless you have a lift:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts