Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the EVC IV control the boost ramp in both sequential and TTC modes?

From what I'm noticing, It uses the offset to hit a target boost pressure. However, when sett lower or higher, I do not think it's ramping differently... just hitting a lower boost target.

I'd just like to be able to control the ramp to a boost target similar to the Blitz DSBC Gain operation.

Also, can anyone explain how the stock boost & boost plus settings along with offset actually control boost?? I understand how to setup the controller, but cannot find out how to better control the "delivery" ramp of the boost.

Thanks,

Maury

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Maury, Maury, Maury, :p

Didn't you tyr setting the Lo and High Boost setting at the same boost and use Lo boost for Seq. and High for TTC.

Then adjust the offset accordingly. The offset is what controls the boost "ramp-up" the closer you turn it to 50 the harder boost is going to come on. :D

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But doesn't offset actually reduce the boost target???

With the DSBC, the ratio adjusted the boost target. The gain feature did not change the boost target, but, just ramped boost to the target slower.

I've noticed that the offset actually adjusts the end target boost. But it could be ramping slower as well.

I can't wait to get the DEFI's in Ryan...hurry up!!!! Then I could see what's going on. Can't see anything when it's over in the glovebox!!!!!

Later!

:D

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
I think it moves the "range around" becasue basically if you're not getting the desired boost, then you can turn down the offset to get more boost and visa versa, and it seems to hit a lot harder when you turn down the offset. (it backwards in external wastegate cars like ours)

We can go out and I can tweek with the thing in sequntial mode while you're driving and then I can get car sick and throw up all over your car since my head will be looking down at the boost controller and you gun it pull after pull. :p

Guages aren't here yet, I'm not sure where they are. But I'll bust ass to get them the first of the week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts