Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in 2 eve accounts?

Both have around 28-30mil skill points. Wife got laid off this morning and even though the money issue is not a big deal atm - I wanna nip it now. I would be too tempted to go back to the game if it came down to it...I love that damn game.

I am selling them cheap - the whole account or I will transfer to your account but you would need to send me the extra $25 for that. Each account I only want $150 each for which is a steal compared to what other crazys try to sell them for.

I will setup skills links tonight and can post here or PM to interested people (on lunch at work right now).

·
Scotch Scotch Scotch
3,485 Posts
I'm assuming this is some kind of WOW type of game? If the point of the game is to build you characted, what's the fun in just buying a character?

·
shake your palm palms
1,681 Posts
I'm assuming this is some kind of WOW type of game? If the point of the game is to build you characted, what's the fun in just buying a character?
Same thing as buying an already modified car. You don't have to put the time into to get it to that level of what ever it may be.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
EVE is a massive game... far more complex than WOW or any other "normal" MMO. The biggest difference in eve vs. others is that you don't "level" your character - he/she grows by total time in game. Someone who comes in with a brand new toon cannot be power leveled or spend a bunch of resources to get from point A to point B any faster... so people who have been playing for years, with very mature characters, are sought after. Actually, the act of character trading is condoned by the games manufacturer, providing you are only doing it for in-game money (called ISK). Funny enough - you can actually "buy" game time with in-game resources (that people can buy with real world cash and then sell in game) - I personally don't spend a dime on the monthly fee, I just buy the game time w/ the resources I make while playing.

Buying characters can be very advantageous depending on your role in your corporation and/or what ever you like to do. Setting a real world cash value to a character requires knowing the skills (need to see the toon) and going on current market for the isk/dollar conversions.

This is so true...

·
!black
4,625 Posts
http://www.eveonline.com/

14 day trial is there, I can send 21 day buddy invites also if anyone wants to try it out.

EVE Pro's:

- It's fucking huge. I mean... HUGE. When you first pull back the camera and realize you're that tiny "you are here" dot amongst thousands of stars... yeah, kinda humbling.

- One single server. At any point, there are usually ~28K people playing with maximums as of late around 51K. Pretty cool aspect.

- Player controlled space and owned structures

- Your character is learning new skills even when you aren't playing.

- Open ended.. Piracy is allowed and encouraged. Scamming? Sure, it's in the rule book. Do what you want, where you want (for the most part).

- Player run market - I love making money and watching market trends. Anyone familiar with real world markets will pick this up quick... there are also investments (stocks) with returns for those interested.

- Lots of different roles - make money blowing shit up, trading, manufacturing, CEO of your own corporation.. what ever floats your boat.

- Hardcore players in just about every country.

- Expansions (one came out today as a matter of fact) are free, no shelling out 40$ every year or so on something new

- Blowing shit up is always fun. I mean come on... who doesn't like hearing things explode, going pew pew pew with lasers and warping around in a fucking starship?

Cons:

- For a new player, it's a brutal experience/. The new expansion apparently is *really* helping on this aspect, but it's still very confusing. Get in a Corp ASAP and run with experienced players

- When you loose something, it's gone. Unlike other MMO's -- you are buying ships, equipment, etc. When they get blown up, you're out that money and time spent getting them. Insurance (which costs money) covers some of it, but not all.. so there is ALWAYS a risk of loosing something.

- Piracy and ganking is the norm in the game, so becoming a victim is easy to do if you aren't prepared for it. This is why running with experienced folks is essential

- Everything about the UI and mechanics is complicated. There is math everywhere - from your ship, it's weapons/gear, the market, etc. Once you get used to it it's no problem, but at first the sheer number of items and combination is overwhelming.

EVE is not for everyone..but for those who play, they are pretty loyal to it. It's been around for 6 years or so, has a pretty hefty fan base.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure what the issue is but I have tried all the sites and the API keys are not working. Not sure if it is a result of the patch or what. I will try it again a little bit later.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Not sure what the issue is but I have tried all the sites and the API keys are not working. Not sure if it is a result of the patch or what. I will try it again a little bit later.
Yep, they're all broken at the moment. Ping me the basic overview of the toons ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts