Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I killed my stock clutch a month or two ago. Drove home one night, driving slower than normal (girl in the car), noticed a burning rubber smell, everything else seemed normal. Started the car the next morning, and clutch was completely slipping until about 4500 RPMs. Higher RPMs the car actually seemed normal. Took the car out the other day to stretch it's legs, and now the clutch is slipping high and low RPMS....and yes, still have the smell. The clutch pedal itself seems normal, and changing gears is fine. Just slips.....BAD!

Is there any possibility I can fix this without having to replace the disc, the pressure plate, AND the flywheel?

I don't plan on taking the car higher than BPU+, and don't plan on dragging it more than a couple of times. I would like clutch feel to be relatively close to stock and really don't want to spend much money. If I HAVE to replace everything, what would be best for me?

Stock clutch (disc), RPS Pressure Plate, and stock flywheel.
AZ clutch, RPS PP, and OEM flywheel
RPS Stage 3 with lightened or OEM flywheel?

I don't think I'd mind the chatter too much with the lightened flywheel....I've got a Tanabe Racing Medallion in the garage ready to go on.

I'd love to hear all input.::peace:

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
If you arent planning on going higher than BPU then get the TRD single disk. It's close to the stock clutch but with more pedal pressure. It will handle BPU fine and a few passes at the track as long as u dont slip it too hard.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I first came to Supraforums two months ago.....(just discovered the search function the other day!...DUH!).
Anyway, in the short time I've been here, I haven't seen a better looking car than Silver Orchid's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts