Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JZ Enthusiast
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I am in the middle of building a 900+ whp supra here and i have few qustions for the guys with the aftermarket rods :

Iam using the carillos Rods H beam for this setup but the main problem i got here is that we dont have all the proper tools to measure the inside clearnce of the rods to get the correct bearing size!
anyway does anyone remambers or used an aftermarket rod bearings with hes aftermarket rods on stock bore OEM cranck ? if so which brand and size !?

iwould be greatly appreciated if anyone can help me in here ! ive used plastigauges as the manuals says and its way far out of spec !

Kind regards

Ali

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
you need to buy/rent the correct tools, not go off what some tool on the net says when it comes to the lower end

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
plastigauge is used for technicians ONLY who are just trying to do a quick ballpark figure due to flat rate, if you want to do it right get you a set of dial calipers and t-gauges, or a dial bore gauge. technically speaking, the bearing sizes will be more based off the crank journal sizes, rods should be of stock bore, but then again that is why you blueprint the ENTIRE engine, to make sure every single clearance is within specs.

·
Registered
558 Posts
If you are just running a stock unground crank and are running bearing such as Clevite, just get bearings designated "Standard".

Make sure you check them with plastigage when assembling...

Hope that helps...

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts