Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
king lurker
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey this is a thread that is for people to post pics of their systems and trunks. maybe if the mods can make this a sticky it would be great. pics only keep text to a minimum. oh yea a short spec summary of ur system would be nice to include. thanks

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
I put these on another thread and then saw this one, so here they are again, you may have seen them already.

My old car with two 12's and two RF amps

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
And heres my new Supra. No subs because I wanted to keep it as feather lite as possible. I made the floor myself and hinged it so that the passenger side comes up.

G

·
0 Posts
Yep, those are 18W3 in a 2001 Celica. This car belongs to a customer of mine and I first installed fout 12's but he wanted it to hit deeper. So 2 18's in a 9.5cu ft ported box and a 1500 watt Memphis class D amp and it slams. I am working on my MK3 which is now a 2 setter that will have 2 12's in a fiberglass box where the seat was and 8" components in the rear. Pics will be awile but will post when done.

M

·
0 Posts
I hate 18's. The sounds like ass to me. But if ya just want the big bad bass then i guess its for you.

G

·
0 Posts
Any speaker sounds like ass if its in the wrong type of enclosure.
18's aren't as forgiving as a smaller woffer on faster beats but they sound great if you put them in the right box and give them lots of power. I wouldn't run a system like this but alot of my customers compete in USAC and need to stay competetive so this is what they get and those 18's do have a cool wow factor.

G

·
0 Posts
The box takes up every bit of space avalible. Had to cut the side panels out to get it to fit. Theres all kinds of room in there its just how you use it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks toysupra1! I do have a hard top so storage of the targa was not a concern :D Gattahaveboost, I only had to trim the back panel barely at the bottom. How do you know what I had to trim? The side panels were not modified at all. I could have done it without trimming that back panel also. However this was my second box I built doing this install and I was getting tired of dealing with it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts