Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to come back inside and get soem warmer clothes and gloves before I head out.

As soon as I turn the heat on the window fogs up .. there is nothing I can do to stop it except for blow cold air ... which would be pointless since I am trying to get warm. Guess I have to dress up warm to drive my car. So much for a heating system if I can't use it. I wish the windshield had defroster wires built in for the purpose... but that would probably look ugly. Guess I can't win. :mad:

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you let it warm up enough the window will eventually clear back up..it will get foggy, then slowly start to clear, just takes it awhile

If it doesnt..you might have a slight heater core leak.

BTW..the nopi award you recieved..was that the nopi nats last sept?

N

·
0 Posts
my window fogs up when i have the window open, but not like when its cold out and the heat is on, its like dirt or something, i have to whipe it off with something

also, i hardly ever drive around with my heat or a/c on, usually me engine heats my car pretty well(don know why it works like that), and when its nice out the windows are down and the sunroof is open

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
turn on the AC while using the heater -- it should defrost nicely. Most newer toyota's automatically turn on the AC when the defrost is on

L

·
0 Posts
Clean your winshield and window very carefully...use newspaper for the final pass. Dirt is what the fog is created off of. Just like clouds. No dirt, less likely to fog up!

Also, DON'T use things like armour all on your dash (there are other reasons for not doing it, but this is one) because the film it creates as it evaporates off your dash will stick to your winshield and make it a horrible foggy mess.

Good luck.

·
*I see you*
668 Posts
I let my car warm up for 3min and it's all ready to go. I get hot air(all warmed up) about 2-3min after that.

·
Eclectic
1,139 Posts
i heard that if you wipe down the inside of your windows with shaving cream (not gel) they won't fog up. it was all the rage on a local forum. ahven't tried it yet.

me, i jsut drive with the windows down for a while.

A

·
0 Posts
You need to draw the air in from the outside not recirculate. Just press the button above ac so you are drawing in fresh air. Give that a try until the car warms up.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
umm i lived in pa for 17 years and u just gotta learn how to do it. never had the problem in my suburban, bros maxima or anything. Put the defog on high and put the windows down. that shaving cream idea sounds pretty good....

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
1) I hadn't let the car warm up with the heat on .. so it happened quickly when I first turned it on .. which makes sense. Outside window temp is about high 20s .. then all of a sudden interior temp is rising toward 85 ... fog happens.
2) On my drive home .. I had the heat on .. no interior window fog or window fog of any kind. Window crack a bit to make sure.
3) Never used armor all .. never will ... Meguires/Amsoil .. only. Not to mention that I havent cleaned the interior/exterior since August.
4) About cleaning winshield. I am going to clean te windsheil tomorrow with vinegar and water and newspapaper. This was reccomended to me by a pro .. because I has a certain "film" on the exterior that is only visible when slightly damp. If I turn the wipers on it gopes away for the second that the blade spreads some water across the window and then returns to visible "film" that is just as bad as fog. Guy told me to use the vinegar/water/newspaper thing ... I'll do it on the inside too.
4)Forget if I was drawing air from inside or from outside .. will check.
5) Nver thought of trying to have the heat on with the ac button pushed in ... sound really contadicting to me ... want to elaborate beofre I totally dismiss that idea?
6) NOT A BAD HEATER CORE .. thank the supra God.
7) Defog on high and windows down? ... <---If you were try to be warm .. would you put the indows down while it was 20-some degrees outside? Defog button for windshield has always worked for me if you put the ac on ... another cold element.
8) This shaving cream sounds a) interesting b) possible c) hideous. Wonder if anyne really knows if it will help.

EDIT: Forgot about the Nopi award comment. Don't remember the date. Previous owner won the award after the fresh motor went in and he restored eerything/painted stuff. All I know is that it was in Atlanta,GA.

Thanks to all my people ;). Best regards.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
you gotta get that RainX interior window shit.

i havent had an interior fog problem since :)
i think you can get it at auto zone for like 4 bucks.

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
soup said:
i heard that if you wipe down the inside of your windows with shaving cream (not gel) they won't fog up. it was all the rage on a local forum. ahven't tried it yet.
Lol, I can see it now...
"hi, did you just shave?" - girl
"no, actually I just cleaned my windshield, I can't grow face pubes yet." - pimply teenaged boy
...and the local car hangout smells like Gillette Headquarters! :D

Back on topic, what ma71supraturbo should work like a charm.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Funny about the Gillet. Interior rain-x .. check.

If I were going to move .. it would be home to Cali .. or to FLA .. or to Hawaii .. if I were going to saty in the U.S.

About the AC on ... again ... I know the ac will defrost .. but I am trying to get warm .. not get cold. AC =cold. Plus .. I don't like switching ac on and off and adjusting the thermostat every mile or so .. that's why I put on some gloves and a sweater .. until the ride home when the widnow didn't fog anymore.

EDIT: for the horrible speling at 3am.

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
if you have the heator on 85 degrees, hit the AC button. What it does is it drys the air. Thus, no moisture coming in to fog your window. You cant tell the ac is on, since its "cooling you" at 85 degrees

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks you two. Will give that one a try too .. still seems a little bit of an oxymoronic idea .. but I guess I''ll find out how it works .. if it works.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just pushing in the AC button with the heat on works awesome. Thanks fellas. Still get warm ... still defrosts. Too bad my AC belt is making some noises ... guess I got to check out the belt.

Bottom line .. solution found. Push in AC button with heat on.

Best regards.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts