Supra Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
4,934 Posts
really i cant tell you how good the willwoods are you gotta feel em. I cant post a link but arizona performance. look it up. trust i will make a vid 1 day. evo and sti front brakes arnt all supper good stock disk and what not. You gotta think that well yes our cars are under braked for the speeds and weight for hard driving but stis and evos weigh less then us and really thats all that matters. 2 peice rotors is were its at.
That's a bold statement considering the sti/ evo brake upgrade is better than stock in every way... radius, weight, piston area.

Brand name stuff and kits aren't always better just because its aftermarket and in a kit.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Sam, I also have the 6 piston Wilwood kit, same as Les, Just put it this, I can stop from 130+ really really fast without locking the wheels.. YOU be amazed how fast they work...

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,259 Posts
any pictures of what the sti rotors look like from a top view? are they even vented in the middle?

·
Registered
233 Posts
thats MKIV not MKIII lol

as for the wilwood's it's posted right on ARZ's website that the 6 piston 14" rotor combo can break your old/tired engine mount from the G it creates lol

sounds like overkill to me, as for the guy posting about bolting up a brembo front brake, can you elaborate? I've been trying to figure out if R33 GTR brembo brakes can bolt up to the MKIII, so far the closest guess I have is yes if I source a nightpager replica bracket. I think sethron produces a bracket I can use but who knows if he will sell it individually from his kit or if I even get a hold of him.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Im pretty sure if they fit the MKIV it should fit the MKIII with 15s...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rather than starting a new thread my question pertains to the evo calipers. Recently my rear calipers gave up the ghost on my 90 cressida, only to find out that no parts store in the area can get calipers for it. I was wondering if the evo brake is a bolt on matter, can I run factory rotors with evo calipers? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Freddy from poor man mods just did a video about bigger brakes on his mk3 drift build. check it out on youtube just look up poormanmods supra brakes he used some mercedes calipers and i think it was 350z rotors

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay so with the evo 8 rear calipers is there any chance of using a different rotor other than the sti? One that would fit without machining?

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
Okay so with the evo 8 rear calipers is there any chance of using a different rotor other than the sti? One that would fit without machining?
Not with the Evo 8 calipers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I been looking around and I can't find how much to mill off the center for the sti rotors. Or is it a try and see
They need to be milled out about 2mm.

This link has just about all the info you need. I just did both the front and rear conversions following this post and everything worked out pretty well. Hardest part is finding calipers these days. Rock auto has the rest for pretty cheap.

Bolt on 4-Piston front MB brakes & 2-Piston rear Evo...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts