Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

just got back from the MLR rolling road day at WRC Technologies...using their new Dyno Dynamics Rollers capable of 2400bhp atw :cool:

1) My car waiting to be thrashed....by someone else

2) FQ400

3) MAD Developments car, made 409.5 bhp atw

4) A CAR....A BIG FAST CAR

5) The uber exhaust

6) uber engine

7) uber wing

8) Is there anything higher than uber???...atw...so thats ~930bhp atf

I have some videos of those dyno runs...the RC car was simply the most amazing thing EVER....I've never heard a car that loud....hell I've never heard a 747 that loud. They had major problems too, in that their 3 fuel pumps packed in last night, so had to settle for second rate replacements....they were hopeing for 4 figures :eek: ....

bear in mind this car has been tested on pump fuel (ran on methanol today)...and with street tyres, it went from 0-175mph in 13 seconds

oh, and my graph...bit dissapointed with it....255.2 atw ~336atf, but bearing in mind it's a standard 320 with just a decat, it's not sooo bad :D

I have some videos of the runs....the RC car spat flames out of it's exhaust which would have torched a house!

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
:eek3: to the uber white evo.... that is nuts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there were about 50 evo's all in all there, from II's to MR's. Quite a turnout, with the same number expected for tomorrows session.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
It's going to be funny when that white car goes to the track (if it actually does anything other than sitting their looking pretty) and he ends up blowing a tire from the exhuast.

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
it shouldn't be too big a problem. i know that the JGTC GT500 supras and GT-Rs actually have their exhaust systems routed through the fenders; they use the exhaust gas to evacuate air from the front wheel wells and engine compartment and to push air through the fender louvers, and front venturi tunnels creating downforce. their exhaust is right next to the tire as well. :dunno:

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
shut up kaneda, go read an option mag and come back when you actually know what you are talking about. What does pulling random JGTC (btw they changed their name, a true fanboy would know that) info out mean? They have ways to protect the tires from the heat and they aren't running passenger tires that will be on the car for 20,000+ miles.

God damn i don't know why I didn't add you to the ignore list a long time ago

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
AZmkiii said:
shut up kaneda, go read an option mag and come back when you actually know what you are talking about. What does pulling random JGTC (btw they changed their name, a true fanboy would know that) info out mean? They have ways to protect the tires from the heat and they aren't running passenger tires that will be on the car for 20,000+ miles.

God damn i don't know why I didn't add you to the ignore list a long time ago
:bowrofl:

i only said that to get on your nerves, you're always so uptight. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys,

I specifically asked him about the exhaust being so close to the wheel, and he says thatere's no problem with it at all. The flames shoot a full 10ft from the side, and there is no contact with the tyres....maybe with people at bus stops. The whole car is 100% road legal, and will pass an MOT inspection as it is right there. It's a hell of an achievement.

As for my torque curve being better...Thanks, but I think with the RC car, it's strokered to 2.4, so you get better low down torque off boost anyhow....but when it gets on boost it's as if the world is going to end!

does anyone know how to convert tractive effort to lb/ft?

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Has he ever lit someone on fire who was walking on the sidewalk???? o.0

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure...especially with the methanol, you don't know you're on fire until your skin melts (and it hurts like hell). I would have thought he could torch some cars at the lights though :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts