Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
Once again Subaru solidifies the '04-'05 model years as the best looking STi's. Good god at first I thought "what the hell is wrong with that Mazdaspeed3/Ford Focus ZX5."

·
chillin like a villain
640 Posts
^lol

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
too bad they F*cked up the STI. Evo X is the sex, I expect to see it pour all over the streets when it arrives. As if there wasn't enough evos to go around they go and make another one that looks so pretty. The streets are no longer safe.

·
shortbus FTW
270 Posts
too bad they F*cked up the STI. Evo X is the sex, I expect to see it pour all over the streets when it arrives. As if there wasn't enough evos to go around they go and make another one that looks so pretty. The streets are no longer safe.
actually evo's are kind of lame, the interior is extra cheap for a 30k vehicle and they are like a few 10th's of a second faster then a STi and according to the tests by whitelines and a few other companies the STi has better cornering speed and a less fishy rear end when driving.

don't get me wrong evo's are cool and a great performance car, but I drive a hour in each direction for work, and that means the inside of the car needs to be nice and something I want to look at..

anyhow I have a 06' subie, I like that better then all the previous version's better headlight's and tails IMO and a few cool part's compaired to the previous yrs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
actually evo's are kind of lame, the interior is extra cheap for a 30k vehicle and they are like a few 10th's of a second faster then a STi and according to the tests by whitelines and a few other companies the STi has better cornering speed and a less fishy rear end when driving.

don't get me wrong evo's are cool and a great performance car, but I drive a hour in each direction for work, and that means the inside of the car needs to be nice and something I want to look at..

anyhow I have a 06' subie, I like that better then all the previous version's better headlight's and tails IMO and a few cool part's compaired to the previous yrs.
A little biased I see...

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
^ It's ok if you don't like my opinion. However STi does remind me of a Rally Focus.

EDIT: Who cars all of those vehicles are fast econoboxes, Rally Focus = Rally 206 = Rally STI.. You can compare that focus to Lancer or impreza..can't really compare it to STI, sorry

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Hmm, didn't expect such a warm welcome to the new STI look. I think it is quite hideous. The EVO's exterior just screams mean. From the looks of it they have also let out all the goodies for the ten, but subaru only gave the STI the S-i drive? It's a shame, I've always been a fan of subarus over EVO's. The new change is too drastic that it doesn't even remotely follow their heritage. What a let down.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Umm, if a 300hp, 3500lb car is making your BPU Supra look slow....might want look into it a bit
LOL, yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Someone must have a vacuum leak or 2. :lol:

·
Registered
830 Posts
I still think the EVO X is much better looking than the subie. I have to say a few minor changes here and there will make the subie a nicer looking car, but knowing Subaru they will only make the next one uglier. I saw interior shots of the EVO X and I have to say it looks very sporty. How it feels might be a different thing. I wonder how much refinement and styling $5K would give each car? Being older I'd consider paying a little extra for a little extra BMW in both cars.

Sam

1 - 20 of 41 Posts