Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening!

Can anyone recommend a *top-notch* body shop in the Central CT area? I have the very beginnings of the dreaded MkIV hatch-rust-under-the-moulding starting and I want to get it fixed ASAP!!! My father passed the car on to me. He was religious about keeping it washed and waxed, but probably never thought that water collected under the moulding and took so long to dry. At this point it has not progressed to being visible without lifting the strip, which is why I want to move on this very quickly.

I got two estimates today... ~$600 from the Toyota delearship in Middletown and ~$780 from a shop, also on Rt3, that did some insurance work for me last year on my other car (vandalism/headlight theft repair) . Both estimates included pulling and reinstalling the hatch glass as has been suggested here on SF as the *only* way to do the job right.

On a side note... does anyone have any experience with this Toyota dealership? Good or bad?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice anyone may offer.
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum.

Nate

·
Registered
934 Posts
i would also like to know... i have a nasty ding/chip on my passenger fender. i did read theres a good shop in this area on rt 130 but i cant find that post, darn.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can anyone help us out? Share your experience?
TIA!

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
I worked for Carstar in Berlin, they do excellent work and everything is backed by a 5 year warrenty. They are right off the berlin turnpike.... give them a call 860-828-7656

-Dustin

·
Registered
871 Posts
Bumping this up ...

Looking for a quality shop to handle what will probably be a complete paint job on a 94TT. Would prefer something further south, say between Waterbury and Stamford/Norwalk.

Car got nailed by acorns (yeah, acorns!) so insurance is replacing the hood and targa, reshooting the whole front end and roof. It's not much more effort to do the doors and rear bumper as well to make it a whole body job.

D.

<edit> Bump again - really need a good shop soon. Anyone with a good choice out there ?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Has anyone got any opinions about Skripps autobody in Prospect, CT ? Looks like a clean shop, guy seems cool and wants to do the right thing by the car.

D.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Guys - I need some advice here. No-one has had any body work in CT recently ? If so how was it ? A place to recommend or to stay away from ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts