Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting excessive heat coming out from my center console and from out of my shift boot. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem and if so, what did you do to fix it. Also, can anyone give me the specs (length, shank, thread, etc) on replacement bolts for the crappy stock screws on the valve covers? I'm way out in the middle of nowhere and the hardware section in the local store blows. I'd have to drive about 3 hours to find anything decent, and I'd rather just buy them online somewhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
you could just go to ebay ....all in all it'll be cheaper considering that you wont have to spend money on gas.

for the heating problem...does the gauge read fine?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Check the cat to see if it is clogged. That is if you even have one. You should give us more info on what your car is.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
You need the shift knob to be tight and flush with the shift boot. I currently have no shift boot and the air you feel is from the transmission gears. It's really bad on the freeway and my shift knob gets quite hot. You just need to make sure your shift boot is under your knob enough so a lot of air won't blow out.

Note as for heat coming out of the center console, do you mean where the audio is?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe the shift boot may be the problem. Mine is really ragged holy. And I do also have heat coming from the center console around the audio panel. It has caused my deck to read OVRHT. Kind of funny I thought. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts