Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a rebuild, finally got the car started and now I got a problem. I let the car idle and watched the oil pressure guage. It steadily climbed, and the continued to climb all the way to the end. I have way too much oil pressure. So much that its blowing oil out of the engine at the cam seals. What the hell is going on? Why is it so high? I put a new OEM oil pump in it, not aftermarket. I need help guys, oil is massively leaking out and I'd like to figure out why. Thanks.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,908 Posts
Didn't I read a post where you said you were using a didderent spring to raise oil pressure. Well its raised!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What changes have you made to the engine, while you had it apart?

Is your PCV system stock?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put aftermarket pistons, ARP everything, shot-peened the rods, it was bored out .30 over. But I didnt change anything else. Even put a brand new OEM pump on it.

If I put a lil too much oil in it, will this cause this?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not unless you put like 3 liters too many, but even then the pressure shouldn't go up like that.

Did you use any weird assembly grease, or running some thick stuff in there?

With the engine running, when you take off your oil filler cap, is there significant air coming out of there?

You probably changed the bearings, right? It's a far shot, but are we sure they were installed correctly, with the holes lining up?

The pump should bypass the extra pressure though, unless the valve is fully open and it just can't keep up. I would try a mechanical oil gauge, just to make sure the stock one isn't faulty, and then go from there.

Best Luck.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
I would say its a pretty safe bet to say that you hooked up your oil pressure guage wire to another sensor, possibly the temperature sensor. Mess with the wires, check to see if any other guage is acting wierd or not working.

Kruso

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im sure the guage is not wrong. OIL IS BEING BLOWN OUT OF THE CAM SEALS. The pressure is waaaay too high.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Then replace your cam seals, bad seals DO do that you know... open up the oil cap and see if its throwing the oil out the wazoo or not.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Head was rebuilt. Pretty sure its not that, but I did think of that. I'll check it out, I hope thats it. That'll be way easier to fix than the pump.

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
check your check valve in the oil filter adaptor housing. You may have it installed backwards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts