Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
this is my second N/A supra, Upgraded from 94 to 6speed 96. now my new supra has a lot of wheel hop. also for some reason my has 2 Diff bushes(apparently they're supose to only have 1, compared to 2 on the tts)

my shocks seem alright. all the bushes look okay; Old but not split.
i dont want to get solid diff bushes, but how else can i reduce this excessive wheel hop?

it has way too much wheel hop for an Na.

· Registered
3,125 Posts
traction bars help a little. the megan ones are not too overpriced. My car does not wheel hop anymore and I have the stock diff bushings. With the tt 6sp diff housing it should look just like picture you have posted. If it doesnt than its not the tt diff. You will break your stock torsen 6sp lsd if you continue to wheel hop and not lift. What happens is in my diff build thread here.

***You must let out if you wheel hop otherwise the lsd with break

If you want traction from a dig without wheel hop you need to buy bias ply tires or do considerable suspension work.

· Registered
508 Posts
MkIVs suffer from wheel hop? Is this a known/usual thing? I always thought they didn't partially due to the long wheel base. And also because they can lay down so much power. ... Yea I feel like a noob asking this... But I've never heard about MKIV wheel hop. IS300 wheel hop is a dif story tho...

· Registered
3,125 Posts
MkIVs suffer from wheel hop? Is this a known/usual thing? I always thought they didn't partially due to the long wheel base. And also because they can lay down so much power. ... Yea I feel like a noob asking this... But I've never heard about MKIV wheel hop. IS300 wheel hop is a dif story tho...
I dont know what you are talking about. Do you own a supra? You haven't heard about it!!!??:rant:

All supras with stock suspension and no bias ply tires wheel hop:rant2:

· Registered
265 Posts
Well I Thought I Might Have Been The Only 1 With Wheel Hops Issue.. But I Have Full Drag Suspension, But 19s Michellin And I Get Wheel Hope If I Launch To Hard Or If I Hit 2nd Gear To Hard... Ill Try The Megan Traction Bars, But Dunt Know...

· Registered
3,125 Posts
Well I Thought I Might Have Been The Only 1 With Wheel Hops Issue.. But I Have Full Drag Suspension, But 19s Michellin And I Get Wheel Hope If I Launch To Hard Or If I Hit 2nd Gear To Hard... Ill Try The Megan Traction Bars, But Dunt Know...
You don't have "full drag suspension" if you don't even have traction bars?

· Registered
572 Posts
You have to do the bushes, only time I have heard of this issue being eliminated is when all diff bushes have been replaced with solid or urethane bushing.

Its just a quirk of the supra design, which is ironic considering the supra is considered king of the street when it comes to turbo street cars.

· Kickin'G ASs 24/7
1,847 Posts
they look like this:

they replace your standard ones, and are suppose to reduce wheel hop and get better traction
Were do i get some of those??
also anyone know were i can find the bushings?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.