Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas

i recently replaced my clutch and flywheel from the standerd duel mass to a rps cyn-rg and a rps stage 3 sprung centre 6 puck clutch.

i have broken in the clutch and now when i loose traction i get so much tramp it isnt funny even on grass when the clutch is engaged it tramps the shit out of the entire car.

i had the car on a hoist and the clutch was changed by well knowledged mechanics. we also looked at the diff mounts and bushes and there all in good condition

i have adjustible coilovers and i even tried setting them to the softest setting hoping that might help but it didnt.

any input would be great

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I was hoping you had a lead on some dirty chicks.

In any case, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "tramp". Is that wheel hop or drivetrain vibration or what?

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
^:lol: My mind was in the gutter too! Aussies and their dingo lingo! :p

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
^^^ :lol:

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
yes, the low rpm drivetrain vibration is to be expected with a LWFW

As far as wheel hop, I would not associate that with a clutch other than to the extent that you have to slip the clutch smoothly to get moving and if you are too jerky or applying too much power too quickly that can lead to wheel hop. Usually I think of wheel hop as associated with the tires, suspension bushings, shocks/springs...what do you have for each of those items? Are you able to reasonably smoothly slip the clutch from a standing start?

There is a recent thread here someplace that has some good info about wheel hop. If I come across it I'll post a link to it and in the meantime you might find it.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i read the other thread thanks buddy

yes i can slip the clutch and take off rather smoothly

i have replaced both my engine mounts and my transmition mount is not that old my tyres on the other hand have seen better days

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have pretty much the same clutch/FW as you and the same issue with tramp, I even live in the same country (Melb though!).

When I made a topic about tramp i got the same responses haha.

Anyway, the cause of the tramp is the absorbing effect built into the stock dualmass flywheel is no longer there and the force is transfered elsewhere, ie. the diff.

Easiest way to cure it is to go auto.. Or solid/urethane diff mounts which seems to cure most of it. Traction arms help as well apparently but I would definitely do the diff mounts first.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i read the other thread thanks buddy

yes i can slip the clutch and take off rather smoothly

i have replaced both my engine mounts and my transmition mount is not that old my tyres on the other hand have seen better days

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.