Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just happen to live about 15 minutes away from Mike Jones' shop. Mike holds the world record for SPL and is a really nice guy. One of his techs has a grand cherokee that needs a head gasket, so I'm trading labor for labor to have a box, amprack cover and battery box built for my car. I'm planning on having it all covered in CF look vinyl.

Here's my amprack as it sits:

This is in a hardtop Mk3, so I'm not worried about a targa ever fitting back there.

The sub enclosure is for two ten inch Crossfire DB3's. It'll be around 2.0-2.5 cubic feet and ported. I'll post progress pics once we get started. I'm really excited for the new subs and enclosure, it should sound great based on what I've heard from mike's installs so far.

Anyhoo, I'll post up pictures of the progress tomorrow, should be a fun day.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
post up some pics when you get it done

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definitely will. I'm finished with his truck, so I'll be free to take pictures of the progress as it goes along. Should be quite nice.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aight, here's what we've done so far. (By we I mean Andrew at Custom Sound Works building the box that Michael Jones spec'd out).

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the finished product. Still a little bit dirty, and the maroon panels will be sprayed black soon here. It sounds AMAZING! Many thanks to the guys at Custom Sound Works!

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
not too bad

·
Registered
418 Posts
baby don't hurt me, baby don't hurt me.......... no more....

hahahahaa
wow... I found myself singing that without even thinking about it. lol

Looks good(especially with the surrounding trim black), I think the amp cover would look better wrapped in vinyl though :bigthumb:

·
Registered
307 Posts
So pretty! GENUINE SUPRA TLC! Nice pics, I know very little about sound systems so PM me if you'all know any worth reading sites to gather some intel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts