Supra Forums banner

181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I guess, it's not official yet with the price - starts @$70k according to motor1.com
I'm liking it so far.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Well, just read that it's $60k starting. Even better!!!

Man, this thing has a presence. A commanding presence.

I wish the new Supra was in the same league as this, but nope. No way, Jose. The C8 Corvette blew anything in its price range out of the water.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Kappa Check 1 2
646 Posts
I like it! I think they did a good job with it, looks great via pictures and on paper, the price tag was the most shocking thing to me, really well priced for the base model.

I'm with a lot of you, never really been a domestics guy but I've always liked them, this new one seems proper. I don't like the steering wheel a ton but if that's my only gripe so far I see that as a good thing, steering wheels can be changed.

-Rich

·
Registered
52 Posts
Omg

(just watched release video)

Two of the last (i think) non hybrid sport cars from fossile fuel era,

-toyota brings bmw/steyr builds lower class/small sports car
-and gm brings this...

...I just wonder who will buy mkv:s at US, tables have definetly turned (mkiv vs c4)

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,344 Posts
Thanks for the pics, Screw. The engine cradle looks insanely stout. The intake runners look to be very LONG, so I suspect this LT2 will have a very wide powerband and rev range.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Looks nice, but I have to have a real manual transmission. And I don't care how much faster a DCT is.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I started school in kindergarden in bowling green and probably visited the corvette plant 10 times, never was a big fan of vettes but this thing is an absolute game changer for the price point....much much better performance value than the mkv

·
10,115 Posts
As a kid in my early teens, I was a big C2 fan ever since I saw one put a Jaguar XKE in its place, at the time one of my very favorite cars. Since then, I have not been tempted by any succeeding Corvette, although I was, and still am, partial to the looks of the C6 Z06.

Now, this car could change all that. Like Crocket and others, I have been about as anti-GM as they come, though I haven't been particularly vocal about it. That said, I have been particularly impressed with GM's ability to wring incredible performance from its motors and the chassis of the current-gen Camaro and the C6-C8 Corvette.

I have not stayed up to date on this car (spent all my time trying to read the tea leaves associated with the development of the MKV), but I did read that GM made a special effort to bake in honest to goodness quality in its use of materials, the interior as a whole and the vehicle's next level electronics. We've all heard this before, so we'll have to wait and see.

But.....if GM has succeeded in this regard, look out below! I just may have to take the plunge. I love, love, love forced induction, so that (hopefully) upcoming Z06 could be the car for me. Sounds strange to even type words about potential Corvette ownership, but there is a reason we are told to "never say never". Admittedly, though, I am hoping Lexus can deliver the MKVI Supra with the rumored LC-F.

Ken.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The only part carried over from the previous gen - The interior door latch. Simply amazing. Started in 2015 as the Holden V8 with the Porsche PDK transmission. Then got Tremec to make one that has paddles directly connected to the transmission. And then somehow stuffed a big V8 in it like Lamborghini does. I'm with Ken, I can't wait to see the Z06 and other upgraded models to match Porsche. Sucks that Toyota couldn't create their own car, let alone engine when other manufacturers are consistently upping the ante.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Your choice. Bye bye.
Sorry, could not resist. They really are that fast - even on a road course.
Definitely.. People who like to control clutch engagement, rather than computers, will still have plenty of choices. It's good to not be brand loyal.

181 - 200 of 223 Posts
About this Discussion
222 Replies
71 Participants
benelit0
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing