Supra Forums banner

201 - 220 of 260 Posts

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,369 Posts
It's interesting seeing the reaction of the Corvette purists most don't seem to like the C8 while the C8 has drawn in new fans that were never interested in Corvette's.
They'll come around because it's Corvette. Same with C6 and C7.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
That stack of buttons is so bad, but oh well I guess! Is this car supposed to be pretty wide? That center console is massive. Also that seems like doing a cam swap will be a remove engine affair now based on the cutaway car. Balls! Otherwise looks great! Can't believe this is starting at $60k. Obviously the car we have seen, and the sub 3 second version will not be at that price point though.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Wow great job GM. This car gives me the same sort of enthusism back in the late 80s and early 90s when the 300zx, RX7, and Supra were released. Its got the looks, the performance, and now the technology of the high priced exotics..... Dealer markups be damned I cant wait to drive one of these.

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
Whoa... I'm sorry Ken but I've been busy with work and moving. Haven't been on the forums in a bit. What you talking about? Please say its so....
hgonzalez,

There have been rumors of a Lexus LC-F for a few years now. The car is suppose to have 600+ bhp generated by a 4L twin-turbo V8. If you believe the rumors on Club Lexus, and Toyota's cryptic non-denials. It seems like this car could happen.

My personal contact is a General Sales Manager at a Lexus store and he's agreed to pass on my emails and to keep me informed if this car is ever going to see the light of day. Lexus did say something "big" was coming related to the LC and the recent news about the coming LC 500 convertible was NOT it according to some. If it breaks cover, and I can reasonably afford one after selling one of my MKIVs, that would be the car for me.

If the car is not built, I think the upcoming twin-turbo Z06 could be a car to strongly consider. I would not want the weight, complexity and other issues associated with the electric motors of the ZR-1. Besides, if you have to have ZR-1 power in a Z06, I think that will be easily enough accomplished by the very robust Corvette aftermarket for significantly less than the price difference between the two cars.

Ken.

·
Boost Junkie
12,377 Posts
I'd say the LC-F is happening as far as I can tell. Many test mules have been spotted over the last year. I love the LC500, but the weight and lack of power (really it's the weight) is a killer. The car is an absolutely beautiful car-inside and out.

Steve

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,369 Posts

·
JetFire
5,277 Posts
Anyone thinking of selling there MKIV TTs for this? Asking for a friend...
Ha Ha I will wait until the Z06 and ZR1 arrive even Grand Sport may be a good option. Even though I think the aftermarket will just do a TT Kit on the base and that would be fun too.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I went to Carlisle this past weekend. They had several C8's that you could sit in and get a good feel for.
My visual opinion on the C8:
-The interior is nice, best seats yet, and best materials used. Although the center stack of buttons looks dumn(just like the pictures), and the infotainment screen doesn't blend with anything.
-Exterior is ok, but not great. The front end looks exotic, GM got this just about perfect. But the back end is huge-I think GM wanted to give as much trunk space as possible, resulting in a large overhang on the back. And I don't know what they were thinking with those stupid Camaro tail lights. They definitely could of done better in this area.
-The car did have the "cool" factor of being mid-engine, especially with it visible through the glass.
-And there is plenty of room in the foot well for a clutch pedal for us manual die-hards.

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
Ken, will you be selling one of your Supras to pick up a Z06?🙄
If the Z06 is a DOHC, twin-turbo car, it will be, on paper, very intriguing to me. I'd want to be able to see one, sit in one and drive one before making a purchase decision. I wouldn't be inclined to sell a MKIV, but I would need to be financially responsible, so selling one would have to be one of the options to consider, particularly if I am smitten by the car. I have a bit of time to sort through this and, hopefully, Lexus announces WTF it is doing with the LC-F, if anything.

Ken.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The base C8 11.3 at 121 is shocking. Only a few months to go tofind ouout how the production models fare.

You mean shocking in a positive sense, no?

I am sure it would take less mods to do 10s compared to the Zupra.

·
iSPOOL
954 Posts
You mean shocking in a positive sense, no?

I am sure it would take less mods to do 10s compared to the Zupra.
Probably just slicks and race fuel lol

201 - 220 of 260 Posts