Supra Forums banner
301 - 320 of 355 Posts
speedo isn't doing anything its not stock. Its just that GM decided to be an idiot and give it a polling rate of like 2Hz. its 2020 already, no reason they can't do actual speed. it wouldn't cost them anymore, they just decided to go the stupid route with it.
It must have been programmed by the same people who programmed my car to tell me my tyre pressures are low every time I turn the car on on a cold day. Low pressure on all 4 tyres, no shit it's -4degC.

TLDR: LT6 5.5 liter (335 c.i.) naturally aspirated flat-plane V-8 producing 670 hp @ get this......8400 rpm. Forged titanium rods, forged aluminum pistons, forged aluminum block (I think I saw forged block :p). Pretty much the entire car is new, doors and roof carried over from Stingray. Carbon fiber wheels, 20" fronts, 21" rears with rear wheels dressed in 345 width tires. Skip Emilia's commentary, I know I did. No mention of valve actuation. Based on vid, it could be OHV, since the engineers did mention "small block" a couple of times, but they could've been just saying small block for the sake of it being a Chevy V8. Video of engine gave no visual clues to OHC, or OHV, but considering how smooth it runs at idle, and how high it revs, most likely OHC with vvt. Mid-2022 expected release. If it is OHC, it looks like the cam gears are in/under the valve covers, and it probably has a timing chain too. Z07 aero package will be available. 2.6 second 0-60.

Vid did confirm that the Z06 would be getting a flat-plane, as I was 100% confident that it would since the LeMans C8-Rs all sounded flat-plane, and IMSA rules say only a production based engine for its class.

TLDR: LT6 5.5 liter (335 c.i.) naturally aspirated flat-plane V-8 producing 670 hp @ get this......8400 rpm. Forged titanium rods, forged aluminum pistons, forged aluminum block (I think I saw forged block :p). Pretty much the entire car is new, doors and roof carried over from Stingray. Carbon fiber wheels, 20" fronts, 21" rears with rear wheels dressed in 345 width tires. Skip Emilia's commentary, I know I did. No mention of valve actuation. Based on vid, it could be OHV, since the engineers did mention "small block" a couple of times, but they could've been just saying small block for the sake of it being a Chevy V8. Video of engine gave no visual clues to OHC, or OHV, but considering how smooth it runs at idle, and how high it revs, most likely OHC with vvt. Mid-2022 expected release. If it is OHC, it looks like the cams are in/under the valve covers, and it probably has a timing chain too. Z07 aero package will be available. 2.6 second 0-60.

Vid did confirm that the Z06 would be getting a flat-plane, as I was 100% confident that it would since the LeMans C8-Rs all sounded flat-plane, and IMSA rules say only a production based engine for its class.
I don't think many customers would be willing to touch an OHV engine that revved to 8,600rpm.

Was in awe of the Corvette engineer explaining the LT6 in detail, and that with all the extra stuff, it's only a pound heavier than the LT2, which will tip in at 473 lbs!
The dual plenum was neat to look at, but the tuned trumpets, and especially the three plenum valves was really cool. Looks like I was right about the cam sprockets using a chain. All this technology and engineering really highlights how the LT6 produces the numbers it does.

As a commenter on the YT premiere said, it would be good if Chevrolet sold these directly to avoid the dealer markup.

301 - 320 of 355 Posts