Supra Forums banner

161 - 180 of 261 Posts

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Either it will get cracked (the Corvette aftermarket is H-U-G-E!) or we will be seeing a lot of plug and play Motec solutions coming out to replace it. The aftermarket will not be denied on the Corvette! :)

·
Hardtopper
2,472 Posts

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,374 Posts
Despite my name, I'm not a big Corvette fan, but watching live feed and this looks f'in bad ass from the side!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I guess, it's not official yet with the price - starts @$70k according to motor1.com
I'm liking it so far.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,374 Posts
Info from official live stream.

Z51 pkg sub 3.0 sec 0-60!
Z-Mode sounds great such that you can set up and save different settings
GPS based front-end auto-lift sounds cool.
8-speed DCT.
Engine cover/glass design looks great.
495 hp, 470 tq. LT2 naturally aspirated PUSHROD V8
ELSD
Carbon fiber rear bumper sounds neat.
Fiberglass doesn't go away, lol! FB frunk and trunk.
Targa still available and sits in trunk.
Dry sump oiling.

Price isn't official yet, but did I hear this right? Base price less than 60k, or starts at 60k?

RPM tach looks cheesy? gauge cluster maybe has different tach options since it is customizable?
Tail lights I'm like, 80% sold on.
Engine bay looks beautiful.Intake manifold/cover looks great.
Interior looks beautiful with conjunction of the aluminum bits and seats.

·
iSPOOL
970 Posts

·
JetFire
5,277 Posts
Nice job by Chevy the line of buttons is somewhat questionable to me but overall I like it. I would take one over a MKV :cool:. Also looking forward to the Z06 and ZR1 assuming those will happen too.

·
iSPOOL
970 Posts
No wonder they were offering like $7,000+ in incentives off C7s when I went to the dealer. If this C8 starts at $59,999 its a no brainer which to buy for me.

·
JetFire
5,277 Posts
No wonder they were offering like $7,000+ in incentives off C7s when I went to the dealer. If this C8 starts at $59,999 its a no brainer which to buy for me.
Market probably will be flooded with Base C7's now. Everyone that already has one will probably be trading up to the Base C8 and dealers still have to move existing base C7's before the C8 arrives in October. The C6 and C7 Z06 and ZR1's will probably not take the hit the base will.

·
iSPOOL
970 Posts
Market probably will be flooded with Base C7's now. Everyone that already has one will probably be trading up to the Base C8 and dealers still have to move existing base C7's before the C8 arrives in October. The C6 and C7 Z06 and ZR1's will probably not take the hit the base will.
True they wanted to move these quick before the reveal is my guess, that offer was for the Grand Sport model I was looking at in April. The Z06 had incentives as well.

I just recently saw an ad flashing $11,000 in incentives at a local dealer. I didn't click on it to see what the stipulations were.

·
Boost Junkie
12,380 Posts
WOW! That's a proper halo car and a proper introduction with a very in depth explanation of the engineering and thought behind the car. I know Toyota couldn't do that since BMW built the new Zupra- so they just said the new Z4/Zupra was "LIT". Proper job by Chevrolet. I'm not a huge Corvette fan, but this car could change that.

Steve

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Dammit Chevrolet!!! This. Looks. Awesome!!! Waaay better than I was giving them credit for during the lead up to the reveal. I mean even the interior looks good, wtf!

The Chevy guys are making it real hard for me to keep my "hate on" for all things GM. Ever since the financial bailout (and many many questionable business moves after that) I've had a real dislike for all things GM (and Chrysler for that matter). I had ZERO interests in their product line. But this........this changes things.

Once again an auto-manufacturer has proven to us (not that it needed proving) that building a new halo/sports car from the ground up is not impossible. It's just good old fashion hard work requiring the right people and more importantly the right ATTITUDE. 🙂👍

I hope the execs at Toyota are paying attention and f#$king embarrassed by this. Fore shame Toyota, fore shame!😡👎

161 - 180 of 261 Posts