Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How much hp/tq can this clutch hold? It lists the clamp load but doesn't really give a number to how much power it can hold. I'm hoping for 700 at the wheels. If not what clutch you guys recommend that's around a grand or under

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Forget that

way over priced for what you get. If it where the double or triple I would say yeah but for single buys you nothing over the other single clutches ESPECIALLY the feramic based ones.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that but i'm getting it for a cheap price. How much horsepower should this clutch hold?

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Well i have some bad newws

This clutch will NOT fit the 7m motor. (6 bolts for the 7m v 8 bolts for the 1jz/2jz)

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
With a clutch you're not worried about a horsepower rating, you're worried about a torque rating. Try Exedy's site or contacting a distributor.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
ok looking at the exedy website

the single disk is only for the 90-92 1jz motor.

The only thing they have for the 2jzGTE motor is the double and triple plate.

Per the exedyt pdf

the hyper single is good to only about 400 lbs/ft of torque only.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
naw i have the 2jzge motor with a single turbo. I am getting a r154 (from a 1jz) tranny to mate up with my 2jzge. I am trying to see if the exedy single will hold the 700 rwhp goals i'm going for.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
hmmm

Zach said:
With a clutch you're not worried about a horsepower rating, you're worried about a torque rating.
figgie said:
the hyper single is good to only about 400 lbs/ft of torque only.
as for the 2jz, once again, I didn't see it a 2jz application for the hyper single. Only the double and triple!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts