Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can answer this for me really quick. The reason I am posting this is because I remember reading something posted by Stever Theradore about using celica bolt with the clutch???

Like the title says: I currently have an HKS Triple Disc in my car and my Exedy Twin Disc should hopefully be here in a week. I'm just making sure I don't need anything else for the install. Will this basically just be a swap or do I need something else to go with the new clutch being installed on the car???

Like I said, hopefully someone can just answer this really quick with what I need, if I need anything at all!

Thanks a bunch guys :bigthumb:

·
Registered
446 Posts
The supra bolts are too long so you need to get the flywheel bolts from the new celica gts. you should also get new snap rings, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing from curt.

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks shupore! All's been ordered today. Thanks again!

·
Registered
446 Posts
np and enjoy the clutch. I've had mine for a couple months and took me awhile to get used to it.

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shupore said:
np and enjoy the clutch. I've had mine for a couple months and took me awhile to get used to it.
Why did it take a while?

I hope its a good clutch! I'm coming from an hks triple disc, "on/off switch style", I hope its better than this thing!

·
Registered
446 Posts
you should have no problem with the engagement then but the chatter drove me crazy at first. If you get excessive chatter like I did, just riase the idle to around 1k rpm and it should be all good.

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
just riase the idle to around 1k rpm and it should be all good.
unless you are on TRD or stiffer motor and transmission mounts, in which case get used to the death rattle. :)

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shoot, my car idles at 1.8k right now...lol, I think it will be nice to have it idle lower than that! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts