Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bolts on the catalytic converter are rusted out so badly that they can't be unscrewed. I've grinded one of the bolts down, not a full "cut off" but I wanna unbolt the catalytic conver from the headers....what do i do?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
oxy acetylene torch is the best method by far, if you have one. Heat the nut red hot, let it cool and it will be very very easy to remove.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
cut it off completely then hammer it out. What type of header do u have? i guess your NA. Rip them bolts off, and get new ones

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i used a grinder to grind them down but not actually cut them off..what should i use to Cut them off with?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
you can get a cutting wheel and swap the grinder wheel. any auto store should have it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's got a flat grinder blade. It's a modile device. My dremel with a cutting thin flat blade would probably work better possibly..

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
NO, its a Cutting wheel, almost like the one on your dremel but bigger and tougher, the dremel might work but might take you forever

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
sorta on the same line, the exhaust turbo bolts, would it be best to do it while the car is hot or when its cold??

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
LOUD AND I WOULD ADVISE AGIANST IT! not only will u give urself a headache but piss people off.. u will loose a bit of low end power as well!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
dont do it. it sucked balls when i did it on my n/a. had NO low end. and it was really stupidly loud. strongly advise against it. for reference i lost to a izusu impulse when i was running open manifold. i raced him the day before and destroyed him.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, wouldn't u gain alot of high end tho...lol I noticed a difference in high end when i cut my muffler off. so, having the small stock piping and resonator and muffler will allow for more low end?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts