Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of how cool it would be to cruise around with a nasty rusty muffler, and have electric exhaust cutouts... but have supporting mods for mid 13 sec passes...

Do you think daily driving it through the stock exhaust system would damage anything?

I guess one should boost to hard through restrictive mufflers.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
You could do it but I think you would at least need a 3" downpipe, and have the cutout attached to the downpipe. The stock exhaust is too restructive to run lots of boost through, I would say 10 psi max. You would have to run at least 12-15 psi to get a 13 second run, and you couldnt do that with the stock exhaust. I knocked 2 tenths off my 1/4 mile, just by opening up my cutout, and it got me into the 13's at 13.92 @104 mph.

PS, the supras are really loud running with an open cut out, it sounds awsome, people haer you comming from far away.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Brent, I run exactly that exhaust setup right now. I don't think any aftermarket exhaust impresses me anymore compared to a straight dump off the turbo. All I got is an HKS SSQV and this cutout. Boost raised about 2psi with it which makes it sit at like, 7.5psi maybe on the stock gauge, so who know's what it really is. I still lost to an auto mkIII running 10psi, open stock DP, and an intake, hehe, but I'm still happy. I like having a quiet car :)

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running 11psi right now.. And all I have is a intake, ssq, clutch/flywheel... really pretty much it..

And thought it would be killer to sleep on some people.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Da Kine Guy said:
Brent, I run exactly that exhaust setup right now. I don't think any aftermarket exhaust impresses me anymore compared to a straight dump off the turbo. All I got is an HKS SSQV and this cutout. Boost raised about 2psi with it which makes it sit at like, 7.5psi maybe on the stock gauge, so who know's what it really is. I still lost to an auto mkIII running 10psi, open stock DP, and an intake, hehe, but I'm still happy. I like having a quiet car :)
Don't forget that soon you will be loosing to a certain 90 turbo stick shift :) aight peace

and yes, da kine guys car is sweet with the cutouts, but I sorta miss the sound of a nice 3inch cat back...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
BoostAddctn said:
Don't forget that soon you will be loosing to a certain 90 turbo stick shift :) aight peace

and yes, da kine guys car is sweet with the cutouts, but I sorta miss the sound of a nice 3inch cat back...
Hehe, most def. Your car was and will be much faster than mine. It'll get back on the road here, you got a pretty big support group to help you towards that endeavor.

Oh well, I CAN STILL BEAT IVAN!! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts