Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so using an Aristo 2JZ with stock exhaust (keeping the twins).... The outlet flange is VERY small, compared to the stock US version... so the extra MKIV 3" downpipe that I have, will not bolt up.

What the other 2JZers do? Does the US exhaust pieces fit up to these JDM turbos at any point along the way, or would it mean replacing all of the exhaust pieces with the US versions? I guess if worse came to worse, I could just make some adapter flange which will let a 3" bolt on to the smaller outlet (but that's alot of work with little payback).

No, not planning on going single or any of that stuff.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
i modified a 3in usdm 2jzgte downpipe to fit my 1jzgte (same size outlet flange as jdm 2jzgte). Very minimal work, didnt take me but a few mins with a carbide bit.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's what I have... A 3" downpipe for an MKIV TT...

I have the Aristo's flange and catalytic converter and the US 3" flange w/the EEGC-deal on it.

I'd like to use the 3" downpipe into the rest of my exhaust, so I'd like to use the US version.... What do I do with the canister piece? Can I still use it with the Aristo's stock twins? The US's holes seem to line up with where the Aristo flange was separated.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
man u went wayyy to complicated to just spend 5 mins with a grinder to make the USDM downpipe flange fit perfect.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess that's where I'm confused.... Since the 2JZ downpipe is for the US 2JZ TT, it will fit okay (though I've not tested it yet). Not exactly sure what you're suggesting that needs grinding. The questions are...

1. Can I use this flange, replacing the Aristo one...

2. And, if so, what do I do with the canister deal.... ditch the Aristo's and make this Supra canister work?

·
Banned
2,499 Posts
basically take your downpipe and open the holes larger so they can fit around the smaller openeing this part should fit up to an o2 housing pipe, there is one more peice i beleive that goes in front of this. i hope this helps but these are not the peices u need to modify, you want to use the JDM peice of these 2 if you are running jdm turbos.

I hope this helps

Ben Y

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
What i mean is....... on any downpipe, u know its bolted on by 3 bolts.. usdm, jdm, 1jz, 2jz. The USDM has the largest bolt pattern. The jdm pattern is smaller by a tad, all u gotta do is grind 3/8in or so inwards(elongate) on the holes of the downpipe and bolt that sucker on.

What makes it kick me in the balls even easier is, u have the aristo turbo side flange sitting on your bench. Stop posting on supraforums, take ur carbide bit, and mod that usdm downpipe flange already!!!

Megan has usdm downpipes, rmm's go dirt cheap in the FS section. I got my 3in RMM DP for free, hacked it all up, and mated it to my 1jz in my sc300. The rest of he unused mandrel bends from the DP i actually used in my exhaust system

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see where the confusion's been.... I'm sure that the downpipe will go on, easily enuff. It's at the shop tho. What I guess I was hoping to do is just put the USDM O2 housing on and bolt everything up. I will be back at the shop on Staurday and am pulling the engine back out to do a couple more things, as well as this, so that's when I'll be able to grind, etc....

Thanx again!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts