Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
rotary and supra lover
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today ,I installed an aftermarket muffler in my 87 NA,
and I notice that the exhaust gas blow out so fast , I put my hand behind the tip , I feel the exhaust pressure is higher than my stock exhaust, is that mean my piping is too small?

C

·
0 Posts
you need a 3" exhaust from the turbo back with a hi flow elbow with no cats you'll shit ur pants pull much harder with better spool up and no turbo lag this is a must have

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
"today ,I installed an aftermarket muffler in my 87 NA,"
He is non turbo! 3 inch isnt right....

S

·
0 Posts
You need more than "decent mods" on a NA to utilize 3"... unless by decent mods you mean a turbo ;) ....

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
i wont get into this arguement again.....

2.5 inch piping from engine back and youll be fine...and "I" suggest you keep the cats........

C

·
0 Posts
and your taking your advice from a person who wants an "ideal supra?" you want to seperate yourself from others, you get the 3" piping. period. this 3" will help you unbelievably, especially with the other mods of boost controller and hi flow elbow NO CATS! that is if you want power, no cats ur talking 20 hp gain right there, because there is 2, 1 hidden in the stock downpipe and the other in the exhasut piping obviously. Replace the cats with 3" test pipes, you'll shit ur pants

·
Registered
140 Posts
Catchmeifyacan3 said:
and your taking your advice from a person who wants an "ideal supra?" you want to seperate yourself from others, you get the 3" piping. period. this 3" will help you unbelievably, especially with the other mods of boost controller and hi flow elbow NO CATS! that is if you want power, no cats ur talking 20 hp gain right there, because there is 2, 1 hidden in the stock downpipe and the other in the exhasut piping obviously. Replace the cats with 3" test pipes, you'll shit ur pants

how stupid are u? he doesnt have a turbo! so no boost controller!!!!

and ideal supra knows a fuck more about supras then u or i. but even i know, u dont wanna go 3 inch w/ no cats on an NA cause u need some backpressure

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
Catchmeifyacan3 said:
Boost controller? The guy has a n/a. 2.5" is what you want. N/a's need back pressure. Btw, a n/a with no cats is LOUD. :D

EDIT: ^^^^beat me to it!

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Catchmeifyacan3 said:
So you have one of the special edition NA Supras with a Downpipe? FYI, the NA has one cat (unless you live in the communist state of California). In addition, on a NA, you will lose power with 3"; stick with 2.5 with cats.

And dude, you have 9 posts and are making stupid remarks. Do you seriously think we are going to take you more seriously than IdealSupra?

Please stop spreading disinformation.:nono:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Pretty funny. Anyhow. Cakeman, you kept the stock pipes and only swapped out the can, right? Which one did you select? As noted, it would be best to run some headers, a clean (not old/clogged) cat, and a 2.25 or 2.5in cat-back full setup. That's the best-case here.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
Catchmeifyacan3 said:
you need a 3" exhaust from the turbo back with a hi flow elbow with no cats you'll shit ur pants pull much harder with better spool up and no turbo lag this is a must have
Well since people already beamed on this :dumbass: I wont...

2.5 or 2.75 is the way to go on a na.

The best upgrade for you is to use a stock turbo catback... Very cheap effective and bolts right up and it's 2.5"

Can't cost more then 100 at max used form someone. punch out the first cat.. And you'll get a nice gain.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
haha wow i dont even need to defend myself.....i love my supra friends :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts