Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into getting a new exhaust header for my car cuz the old one doesn't look to be in good shape. Someone reccomended pacesetter headers but said it wasn't worth the $200 new so I was wondering if anyone knew where to get one cheaper or if they had a used one in good shape. Also if anyone knows a good place to get an intake or what type I should use please let me know.
Thanks for any help

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
pacesetter headers are junk they dont fit right. you would have to modify them. paeco headers takes the pacesetter header and modifys them to fit right. they are about the same price and i dont have any complaints. with mine

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
www.paeco.com i had them send me a brochure and i sent it in through the mail.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the pacesetter headers. I really dont know where everyone experiences problems at with them. I havent had any defects after over a year and 12000 miles of use. The install was also straight forward, there were no problems. Ive heard they have a tendency to rust big holes in the collectors after a year, so well soon see wether or not that is true as well. If you buy a set, spend the extra $100 and have the ceramic coated. Its about the best power gain you can get staying n/a, and you dont have many options anyways.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I have the Pacesetter headers, cerami-coated. I originally had the uncoated version, and yes- they did rust out big-time at the collectors. My ceramic coating is not as bright/reflective as they were 1 1/2 yrs ago, but it has yet to chip or show ANY rust, so it is definately worth it. Mine have been modified to remove the 2-1 collector restriction (SERIOUS restriction), and relocate the O2 sensor. I will be getting rid of mine in the next 2 months, as I will be swapping to turbo.
:D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paeco wants $310 plus shipping, thats what they qouted me about a week ago!
Yeah well I guess it's $320 plus shipping now. Not sure I can handle that right now, does anyone if these things pass smog. So either way it's gonna be about the same price to keep it in good shape then I see.

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
get a sweet pair of hooker headers for the mk2 and modify them too fit. there u go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts