Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard exhaust mods dont' add but a measily 10hp gain. if you are say pushing 18 psi, rmm downpipe. Putting say a Racing G power exhaust before and after comparison with stock. How many hp would one gain?

·
Registered
482 Posts
About 3-mths ago i dynoed my car,94 TT 6-speed for the first time.With just a RMM DP and a super dragger exhaust i made 334 RWHP as to my friend's stock 94 TT,AT who made 293 RWHP. So that concludes that a DP & an exhuast nets u about 40 RWHP (approx 55-57 HP at the crank),not bad in my opinion. I would have netted few more ponnies if i had an intake. Hope this helps ;)
Regards. Yasir :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
breakemlose said:
I've heard exhaust mods dont' add but a measily 10hp gain. if you are say pushing 18 psi, rmm downpipe. Putting say a Racing G power exhaust before and after comparison with stock. How many hp would one gain?
you gain hp in a turbo car by reducing back pressure the bottle neck is the DP but the stock exhaust is not mandral bent and the crimps are relativly restrictive. Although it is true you can over boost the turbo without an exhaust or a dp for that matter the increased restriction makes more heat and you would kill you turbos sooner than if you did the modifications. a normaly aspirated car needs some backpressure for efficent running. This is not true in a turbo as a bigger diffence in the inlet and out let sides of the turbo will do more work and increase boost up to you higher set point. Try blowing against a closed fist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts