Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi want to know how to install the triangular shaped stud configuration between the exhaust and the downpipe. I got the studs from toyota and I tried putting them in through the exhaust manifold and the stud won't go through enough to reach the downpipe and have a bolt connnect to the stud. Any information on how to fix this? Please help me. Thank You.

·
Still Sportin' the Twins
245 Posts
F333errari said:
Hi want to know how to install the triangular shaped stud configuration between the exhaust and the downpipe. I got the studs from toyota and I tried putting them in through the exhaust manifold and the stud won't go through enough to reach the downpipe and have a bolt connnect to the stud. Any information on how to fix this? Please help me. Thank You.
I'm not sure I'm following your logic but it sounds like maybe you are trying to screw the studs in from the wrong side. The studs screw into the EGCV (exhaust) from the bottom of the car using a torx socket to tighten the stud down. Then there is plenty of length on the studs to slide the downpipe on and screw the nuts onto the studs. If the studs you got aren't long enough when you do it this way, then you have the wrong studs.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts