Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, I love the shape and the look of the can on the RSR GT2 and the way it exits at an angle, but I hate the sound of it with or without a silencer...way too loud. The HKS dragger 2 has the perfect note all the way through the power band, but I really hate the look of how bulky the can is and how it just comes out straight and low...there really needs to be an exhaust with the look of the rsr and the sound of the HKS drager 2...

Trev

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I have a custom. Real Apexi N1 muffler w/ a summit 3.5" resonator (2nd canister, not the muzzle for the tip).. It sounds very mellow, not very loud at idle / crusing. But sounds wicked when i'm on it. I'll try to get a sound clip..

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
My rsr gets really annoying at times, im about to take my brothers tanabe since his car isnt runnin right now, haha.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Actually 2 resonators would do it. Then it becomes heavy.

The dynomax bullets are only ~$35 each at summit.

If you look at the MK4 dragger, I think it is, it has 2 bullet type resonators before the actual final muffler.

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I found the best exhaust...

EXHAUST DEPOT's system. You get the angle of the RSR and the sound of the HKS...

Trev

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
trev, do you mean the exhaust depot system off 935's website?

and i too was looking into another resonator, i just wasn't sure if the dynomax bullets would make my exhaust note quieter or louder? after all, they are glass pack. slimfast, you are referring to the perforated tube dynomax race magnum bullet mufflers?

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Trev, that would have been great BUT, they are no longer made and none are available.

I think if you add the bullets, it will fix it.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
jz_n_it said:
doesnt the hks dragger have a resonator?
ya it has one right after the cat.he has an rsr system on his car.i'd probably put a high flow cat on it,help visual inspection too.

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tsuper92 said:
ya it has one right after the cat.he has an rsr system on his car.i'd probably put a high flow cat on it,help visual inspection too.
I live in the beautiful state of nebraska and we don't have inspections for emissions.

Trev

1 - 13 of 13 Posts