Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I pretty much a stock 95 tt 6-spd, w/ the exception of a HKS intake. My questions is, what size piping should I upgrade? I'm getting a RMM downpipe and was considering the HKS Super Dragger exhaust (95mm piping), but considering that I don't plan any other mods, is that too big? Should I stick to 85mm? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
For your level of mods, and exhaust will perform more or less equally. I would get whichever is cheapest/best looking/best sounding or whatever other criteria you value.

There isn't a such thing as too big on a turbo car, since turbos don't need back pressure. You could get an HKS TI if you want, but it won't really give you much extra power over a much smaller and cheaper exhaust.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
I'm like you.. had a hard time picking my exhaust. I went with the HKS Carbon TI 95mm.. I think (as mentioned above) that even at BPU++ you are not going to outflow the 75mm systems.. The only difference that I can tell is the 95mm seems to be louder, but a cool louder.. deeper if you will.. hehe. My DP is also 75mm, I asked Chris at HPF if I needed to be looking for a 4" DP and he told me he has run 700+ RWHP through a 75mm DP no problem.

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
I am having a hard time also finding an exhaust. I want a 95mm which is 4" right? but will it match up to a 3" dp? And can i get a 4" dp if i wanted to?

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
also can someone break the mm down into inches for me.....please fill this in 95mm= 75mm=

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
95mm is about 3.75". Any Supra exhaust will mate up to a regular 3" downpipe, even the 4" HKS TI. I'm not aware of any 4" DP available for the stock twins, but you could get one custom fabbed, which would be a complete waste of money since it wouldn't give you any extra power. There are 4" DP's available for certain single turbo kits.

·
Member Thingy
1,119 Posts
head on down to the next local meet and decide which sounds best, ultimately, if your car is a daily driver, that is what will be the most important thing. or, if you want lighter weight you could hop on the titanium bandwagon, but that's $$ :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your input guys. I have another question, If I add a Greddy BCC to this batch of mods, would that be enough of a change to increase exhaust gases that a 95mm would be useful? Thanks again.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
The BCC will probably be needed once you put the DP on. The 95MM exhaust wont feel any different than the 75mm though, especially if your DP is 75mm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts