Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good size piping for a NA. like if i buy a turbo exhuast what is a good piping size so i wont lose anything down low or up top? is there any methods you can do beside smaller piping?

·
Registered
259 Posts
75 mm max....if you're not planning to go turbo any time soon...buy the Greddy MX. It has 60 mm piping, this will give you the best power gains.

R

·
0 Posts
80 would be the max. It's right around 3". As far as power gains, the MX won't give the best power gains. The stock TT exhaust has been proven on the dyno to give the highest gain.

Ryan

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Not too big on the piping, but the most hp gains will come from gutting the whole system, not just getting a catback; ie, headers, catless downpipe and strait exhaust.

--Justin

R

·
0 Posts
That would give way to much flow but you could do it with smaller piping than 3". If you went with like a 2.75" straight exhaust, that might work well. I know that the XERD header has a 2.5" outlet on it.

Ryan

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you want some power via piping, let me introduce you to rwsupra.com, selling well-crafted midpipes for $200 yielding terrific gains.

BUY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
i have the mid pipe and I am very pleased with how much harder my car pulls up top.. not so much gains in the bottom but man 3rd and 4th are so much more fun now :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts