Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in building a NA-T set up.
I have a "obd1" 2jzge from a 1994 SC300 and want to build a turbo kit for it.
Is there exhaust port and stud differences between OBD1 OB2, vvti and non vvti heads?
for example can i fit a VVTI turbo manifold on my Non VVTI Na head and so on

·
Registered
668 Posts
although Im literally posting a min after you (lunch...) you may get more action in the mk4 section
or the sc300 na-t interwebs

you have the good jzge, the non-vvti. its strong and depending on your build, you could leave it at stock compression and feed it e85

its head is unique, it runs a distributor. both exh and intake ports are different than jzgte flavors

I am unsure if ge non-vvti and ge vvti have same flanges etc. attempting to buy a ffim/ turbo exh mainfolds may give your more insight as good manufacturers will list fitment years/ motors etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
although Im literally posting a min after you (lunch...) you may get more action in the mk4 section
or the sc300 na-t interwebs

you have the good jzge, the non-vvti. its strong and depending on your build, you could leave it at stock compression and feed it e85

its head is unique, it runs a distributor. both exh and intake ports are different than jzgte flavors

I am unsure if ge non-vvti and ge vvti have same flanges etc. attempting to buy a ffim/ turbo exh mainfolds may give your more insight as good manufacturers will list fitment years/ motors etc
Awesome I'll just call the manufacturer if it's not a private label, then i would have to resort to the forums
Hope someone here can direct me to a build list for a 500hp nat build on my 86.5 mk3

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes flanges are the same and everything that fits on non vvti ge fits on vvti.. just have to.but the cam for correct version I u do cams .. bc cams is best bet

·
Registered
105 Posts
"There are 6 different 2JZ heads produced by Toyota.

The 92-97 2JZ-GE export use a distributor and EGR.

The 92-97 2JZ-GE JDM use only a distributor and no EGR.

The 92-98 2JZ-GTE export don't use VVT-i or a distributor. They do have EGR on them.

The 92-98 2JZ-GTE JDM don't have VVT-i, distributor or EGR.

The 98+ 2JZ-GTE and GE VVT-i engines don't have EGR. But every one of them just like the 2JZ-GE use wasted spark in them. Don't confuse it with the AEM wasted spark.

Every GTE engine uses the same intake and exhaust manifold bolt pattern. Every GE engine uses the same exact intake and exhaust manifold bolt pattern but the patterns are different from the GTE and the GE especially the exhaust side.

A lot of tuners would agree that the GTE head exhaust side will never out flow a GE head. The GTE intake ports are about 10% larger than the GE intake ports since the GE is naturally aspirated and most of its performance depends on velocity rather than flow."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am convinced that Treadstone Cast manifold is for me. Is $420 and it keeps the turbo low and close to the engine so i won't have to worry about fitment issues in the MK3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts