Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Exhaust adds the most horsepower for the N/A Supra?

Luke

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Horsepower depends on how many mods you have to your NA. And if the car is stock.........I don't know there just isn't enough info out there. But if your making high horsepower ( through forced induction or what not) the more air you move the better........thats where the diameter and straightness of the pipe comes into play.......Bigger would be better for a high horsepower application. It all depends on your set up. hope that helps out a little:)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patrick C said:
Horsepower depends on how many mods you have to your NA. And if the car is stock.........I don't know there just isn't enough info out there. But if your making high horsepower ( through forced induction or what not) the more air you move the better........thats where the diameter and straightness of the pipe comes into play.......Bigger would be better for a high horsepower application. It all depends on your set up. hope that helps out a little:)
Ya, that helps me a little. It'll most likely be the last mod that I get for my future Supra. Do you know where I could get sound clips on these exhaust systems on the Supra?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know of any sound clips off hand......but there are several videos floating around the forums that will give you a good idea..................However NA's tend to be louder with aftermarket exhaust than turbos..........cuz the nature of a turbo car using the spent gases emitting less sound. I have an A'pexi Gt-spec for a TT........and it is definately loud, but it did come w/ a silencor (which I never use:D )
I liked it cuz it is all stainless, and straight through 3.75" piping...........a bit excessive for an NA.......But I did not loose as much low end performance as everyone told me I would........I gained adequete high end perf. I love the exhaust, it changed the whole personallity of the car (or just amplified it);)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good, I'm the type of guy that likes those loud exhaust, that's why I was (keyword: was) going to get a 98-00 Trans Am, but I found out something that I didn't like in them. I think what put the icing on the cake on my decision was this really really really sweet looking MKIV Supra at my hometown during this one festival. I went over by it and compared my car to this Supra. I definitely gave the supra the higher stock that it deserved. The Trans Am definitely lost a lot of stock after I saw it in real life. Plus, I really didn't like the Trans Am's interior at all. It looked like plastic. I hate that, and the seats were uncomfortable as hell. I've only seen 3 MKIV Supras in my whole life (two at a city close to mine, a black one with a wing and a red one that was wingless at Terre Haute, and that one that I described to you guys up there). Hopefully I'll find a NA Supra video somewhere. Thanks for the imput Pat, and do you have any pictures of your car and that exhaust?

Luke

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have many pics of my car but.........not on a digital format.......there mostly all polaroids...sorry.......But I can say that on www.Suprastore.com there are pictures of supra exhausts.....including what mine looks like.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
does the silencer for the gtspec actually make a difference in sound (enough not to attract police)?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the silencor is very quiet.........comparable to stock.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the Greddy MX is rather silent. gives off a low grumble. i've been pulled over because "it looks loud." That's an actual quote from the local law enforcement here in Cerritos, CA. The Law in Cali states the exahust can't be over 90 decibels. don't know how it goes for other states.

i've been told that a exhaust for a TT is louder when installed on an NA. good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts