Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
single 1j
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a bit confused how you guys are talking about the accurate adjustment of -2.5 off the exaust cam. when i remove the timing belt, which way do i turn the exhaust cam if i'm facing the motor? do i rotated the exh cam gear counterclock-wise a tooth to have the -2.5 degree effect?

·
Registered
427 Posts
adjustable cam gear?

·
JZA is best f**k the rest
351 Posts
PM-Performance said:
You make all MKIII owners look great with that comment
:wtflol:

1 HKS Adjustable cam gear is $125, if you can't afford that, I wouldn't mod anything thats about the cheapest bolt on mod there is.

·
single 1j
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahaha. this whole time i thought you were soppose to just slip a tooth from the gear. i guess i'll be ordering those hks cam gears

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
I can do that I have the cams and cam gears just too lazy to test all this dyno time is hard on the car and expensive on the wallet!!!

Anways, I have titan gears.

·
Registered
427 Posts
So since we're on the subject of cam gears (plus the search function is acting up again) what were the cam gears NOT to get? i.e. teeth wearing down. Was it the HKS gears with 3 bolt or 5 bolt pattern?

·
JZA is best f**k the rest
351 Posts
1EVIL-JZX90 said:
So since we're on the subject of cam gears (plus the search function is acting up again) what were the cam gears NOT to get? i.e. teeth wearing down. Was it the HKS gears with 3 bolt or 5 bolt pattern?
HKS = 3 bolt

·
Registered
182 Posts
ranger2339 said:
Did you come from the civic community??ha ha...

Josh
DSM community LOL. I dont wannt to look like an idiot with only one adjustable cam gear if I only need one. I definatly dont want to buy two if I dont need to. Are the adjustmants the same if running 2j cams?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts