Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My SC300 is getting supra engine/transmission installed shortly. I've been thinking about how I'm going to be doing the exhaust and I'm wondering if I plan on running a 71-74GTS if this will flow sufficiently or will it be a hinderance on the turbo. I used to have a full 4" setup on my old APU supra but now decided to go through with this project.

Sorry for the sloppy pictures.

Off the turbo will be running a 4" downpipe to 4" midpipe.

The plan is to run a transition from burns after the midpipe to a 3" y pipe.

The transition will look like this:

Probably will have to weld this to the midpipe and y pipe...possibly run v-band flanges but probably not worth the hassle/money.

Then the transition will go to a y - pipe. Which of these is better for flow (turbo application).

BURNS Y PIPE

MANGAFLOW Y PIPE

This will then be running 3" piping to dual 3" mufflers (borla race series bufflers).

The y pipe to piping of the mufflers will have these to allow for easier removal.

Or will V-band flanges be preferrable here?

Heres an overall sloppy pic of the setup.

Let me know your guys opinions, thanks!

Michael

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also just found this to possibly bypass the transition cone.

4" inlet, to dual 3" outs.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
why are you stepping it down to a 3" before you split the 2? i would run a 4" in and 2x 3" out y-pipe if youre trying to minimize backpressure

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why are you stepping it down to a 3" before you split the 2? i would run a 4" in and 2x 3" out y-pipe if youre trying to minimize backpressure
I couldnt find another way to do it until my last post. Other than finding someone to do some custom work (which this might have to be done otherwise), those were the only 'easy' ways to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts