Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this has been beaten like a dead horse but since the search button is dead. The long story...

What size dual exhaust would be equal to a 3" ? and how much horsepower can supras make with a single 3" ?
I have now on my GS3 a single 3" into dual 3" in anticipation of installing my GTE.
I decided to build the motor and that will take some time so I decided to remove the dual 3". For the time being I picked up a JIC system that is single 3" into dual 2-3/8" and im wondering how much power I can make on that without it becoming to restricive.

TIA

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
roughly dual 2.25" piping would equal a single 3" if you figure it out my area mathematically, however this is just on paper, real world is a whole different thing. i would say just run a little bigger with the dual like 2.5".

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So how much power are you guys laying down with 3" exhaust ?

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,487 Posts
And what other mods?

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LLCoolJ94 said:
And what other mods?
Lets assume it has the ability to be an 700hp motor

·
Registered
814 Posts
why not just buy a 4" and not have to worry about it...or u could always go with a super drager which is 3.5" i believe or somewhere around there if your worried about noise.

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sngledsupe said:
why not just buy a 4" and not have to worry about it...or u could always go with a super drager which is 3.5" i believe or somewhere around there if your worried about noise.
Because no one makes a 4" for a lexus. I would fab up a 4" but as it is I have a tough time clearing the 3" thats on it right now. The car is lowered ALOT.
Just wondering what HP level that will become a restriction.

·
teh DJ
413 Posts
it might give you more backpressure since you're going 3" to 2.375"...anyways, why don't you keep your dual 3"? I mean you already have it, why bother wasting money....

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
djskyy said:
it might give you more backpressure since you're going 3" to 2.375"...anyways, why don't you keep your dual 3"? I mean you already have it, why bother wasting money....
Just becuase I cant handle the noise right now, its straight thru. Its still NA till I finish the GTE build up. Which may be as long as a year from now.

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
TooJayZee said:
Because no one makes a 4" for a lexus. I would fab up a 4" but as it is I have a tough time clearing the 3" thats on it right now. The car is lowered ALOT.
Just wondering what HP level that will become a restriction.
custom piping would be kinda tough i guess in your case, but its probably your best bet. lots of ppl now are doing just taht and using mufflers from hks or apex or whatever your prefrence is. its not hard to find a shop that will custom make the piping for u, it comes out usually to be about the same cost as the brand. the only thing like u mentioned is the clearance, but im sure the place u have do the custom piping will find a way around that :)

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
itsings said:
custom piping would be kinda tough i guess in your case, but its probably your best bet. lots of ppl now are doing just taht and using mufflers from hks or apex or whatever your prefrence is. its not hard to find a shop that will custom make the piping for u, it comes out usually to be about the same cost as the brand. the only thing like u mentioned is the clearance, but im sure the place u have do the custom piping will find a way around that :)
Custom piping wouldnt be hard at all. I have custom 3" on it now that I built from Ubends and straight pipe with dynomax cans and resonators. The only shop we have in our whole state that does mandrel bends is 60+ miles away and wants 950 bux for labor. Thats why I do everything myself. Well the price and because I enjoy being a DIY feind.

Just keep it unless your 800hp or more then go bigger
So 550-600 RWHP would be resonable to expect ?

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Sure man. Your exhaust can handle THIS amount of power easily:)

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats great news. Thanks fellas !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts