Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
um right, I was sitting in my car during lunch at school with my ex gf, and after like 20 min or so with it idling with the air on, my friend that was also in the parking lot came over to tell me my exhaust was smoking, in which I looked and it was just sitting there puffing blue smoke, so I reved it a lil bit to like idk 4k a couple times and it went away for the rest of the time we were out there, then on startup later i watched the exaust which was fine, no smoke, then on my way home after it was warm i did a few pulls in which it pulls just as strong as allways with no smoke. soooo..... what kind of fluke did I experience? temp was fine, as was oil level. could it somehow have had anything to do with the stock twins? (I hope because im goin single soon) because a few times, when I drove it really hard for a good amount of time then popped the hood, the back turbo would have smoke just smoldering off it, could the oil leak that was making the smoke near the back turbo, somehow have made it out the exhaust since I was idling for an overly long amount of time? anyone else have this problem before? Ideas?

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the engine is new tho, with only 36k on it, brand new bottom end from toyota with rebuilt head done by larry at innovations.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hahaha I thought it could have been my old car,how is she doing,is she treating you good.Chris you definately gave her the touch ups she needed.I just couldn't sell my current supra fast enough to buy it back.

I was the first owner to rape her though.She was stock when i got her :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a turbo oil seal leaking a little bit... I had similar symptoms with a single turbo I used to run. I put on a new turbo, and the occasional light idle smoke disappeared.

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm well thats good news i guess, since im shopping at the moment for a replacment turbo.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If the block has the miles you say it does now then those turbos have about 66,000miles on them.Dont worry my valvestem seals are crap on the supra i got now.i think its great when you can whoop up on another car while smoking out the tale pipe :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts