Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· High Performance WorkShop
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a customer's car , a 4 banger mazda , NO POWER at all , i check obvious things , and everything is good , i take off the intake filter , rev the car up and exhaust smoke comes puffing out from the throttlebody , i say bent valve .
now head is out , all valves seeem okay ! , what do you guys think would cause such a thing ? valve timing ? what would screw it ? any tips ?
thank you for your time !

· Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
12,986 Posts
bent valve, bad spring are possibilities. i am assuming you are dealing with a DOHC engine a B series or a z series. The timing belt jumping would do it to it and thats where Wob stands. I would have checked the belt before yanking the head. But since its off double check everything over, seats etc and if its looks good, re do the belt - use a new one and make sure the tensioner is taking up slack correctly - could be the reason it jumped, thats where my money is.

· High Performance WorkShop
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you soo much my friend , you have been of great help ^-^ , am taking the head to a machine shop to do the whole thing and then i'll just allign her timing marks to 0 and check for slack .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.