Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to determine my exhaust setup. A four inch turbo back straight pipe may be a little too loud and will attract police on the streets. So I have been contemplating a muffler. I was thinking to do a four inch stainless pipe from the turbo back to the HKS Ti or HKS carbon Ti muffler. I like my cars loud, and I am hoping the HKS muffler will still be loud enough for me. Obviously, a four inch turbo back open exhaust would be loudest, but looking for a muffler to tame it down a bit.

Does anybody have any video clips or examples of a four inch turbo back to an HKS Ti or Carbon TI muffler? I am looking for loud cold start and overall loud when WOT.

Any feedback is great, thank you!

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,239 Posts
I went from stock to HKS carbon to HKS Ti to 4” straight pipe to open downpipe on my race car.

Stock - 1
Carbon Ti - 5
Race Ti - 8
Straight pipe - 10
Open downpipe - retarded

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My car has a 4 inch downpipe and midpipe to a full hks carbon ti exhaust. Coming from a boostlogic 4 inch it’s the perfect amount of sound to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any sound clips? Thank you guys.

patrick, with your scale. Is that with four inch dp and mp?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds great, but a little more quiet than I’d like, prefer louder than this but not much....^^^^^^

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've got a 4" into a boostlogic series I muffler.
Loud AF and deep/bassy. I love it.

Sadly I don't think boostlogic offers the series I & II mufflers anymore

·
Kappa Check 1 2
689 Posts
This is a clip from the previous owner of my car right before I bought it, was fully BPU at the time, I'll be using the same exhaust on the car now that it's fully built + APU, I have a few more vids of it at that point in time just let me know if you need them!

Exhaust in vid is HKS Ti (4 inch....but technically not 4 inch if you actually measure it)

-Rich

·
Super Moderator
10,339 Posts
mkivsoopratt,

The straight six sound of an APU Supra CANNOT be beaten! The car sounds fantastic, man.

Ken.

·
handy with the steel
377 Posts
Here's my HKS Ti. Cold start when my car was BPU

I am just wrapping up a single conversion + GSC S1 cams. Sounds soooo much nastier now. I'll get a sound clip of that as soon as I can and update .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wish there was a way to get a replacement boost logic muffler. Not looking forward to the day mine blows out the packing material from anti-lag/2step abuse.
Love the way it sounds, no other system I've seen has the same super deep tone & rumble.

·
Kappa Check 1 2
689 Posts
This is BPU? Sounds cammy for being BPU.
Yeah that's the car as I bought it back in 2016, GSC s1 cams untuned, BPU with a lot of pluses. Completely different car now though.

-Rich

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, these cars all sound great.

mkivsoopra, do you have any driving vids or hard acceleration? Trying to gauge sound levels. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts