Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have titanium in mind, since its lighter. i would like to hear some opinions on the which titanium exhaust system to choose. which makes most HP, how does it sound, how durable, quality, the whole thing. tell me as much as possible...(amap)!!

edit: the main focus is horsepower making and light weight!! loudness is not important.

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,096 Posts
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280947

That'll get you started. The Veilside and Greddy is souppose to be the lightest but they are rare and hard to come by, the HKS ti is not full ti just the exhaust can is ti. Other than that the BL 4in is a good looking exhaust that is pretty loud. I think JIC and Tanabe have ti exhausts as well. You going with 4in or does that matter?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im only aiming to get bpu, so i think 3 inch is the appropriate size. unless there are unforeseen gains with the 4", i want a 3" exhaust. are the JIC and tanabe both full titanium exhaust? and which gives more hp? andsome revies of the two wou be great!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have the C/F Ti on my BPU and it looks and sounds sick by far the meanist sounding and looking exhaust. A LOT of compliments. Hangs a little low coming under the rear axle but I'm lowered and 1.5 and haven't scraped it e-mail me for some pics I have a lot. Later Tejon [email protected] Also this system is way lighter then stock. I'll let you know what I did full system from turbo back only cost me like $750. 3"-3.5"

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seems like there isnt any full titanium exhausts available... is the super dragger any good? i like how its doesnt slant to the side, so reviews!1!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
seems like there isnt any full titanium exhausts available... is the super dragger any good? i like how its doesnt slant to the side, so reviews!1!!
I've been researching this. I have a small single (gt35r). I'm torn between a 4" or a 3.5" system. I've heard both sides of the "big enough" argument: 4" offers better performance in all cases versus 4" is only necessary in 800+ hp big turbo applications. I wish I had concrete evidence to support either argument.

Regarding Titanium exhausts: Greddy Titanium with 80 mm piping, The Apexi N1 ExTi with 85-95 mm piping, and the Tanabe Ultra Medallion with 90 mm piping. I don't remember if these are complete titanium systems or just titanium canisters.

I had a Veilside Ti previously but crushed it on a road course excursion. I'd love to find another new or used Veilside: 90mm and 10 pounds, nice appearance and sound...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
BL 4" exhaust or HKS Titanium. You are set for the life of your car at that point, no need to change anything.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeh I am looking for an exhaust system too. I been looking at the HKS CF Ti. it looks sweet and by the pictures i have seen, the tip looks longer than the full Ti version. I dont know about performance though. But if you have the money, go with the Full Titanium. I hope the exhaust hunt goes well for you.

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
I think the JIC Bullet 505S is all titanium for just under 1K and I don't hear too many folks talking about it. I believe 94JZA80 on here has one. Maybe pm him.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have decided to do the hks super dragger. how much of a difference is it if i dont have the downpipe? i dont want to go through the hassle of having to change bacck and forth for emissions at cali.

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
i have decided to do the hks super dragger. how much of a difference is it if i dont have the downpipe? i dont want to go through the hassle of having to change bacck and forth for emissions at cali.
Big difference if the cats are still there. They are a huge restriction. Pretty easy to swap in and out though.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
how about the random technology dp with high flow cat? wat kind of performance difference should i expect with random compared to stock and a no cat downpipe? and does it bolt right onto the hks super dragger?

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
how about the random technology dp with high flow cat? wat kind of performance difference should i expect with random compared to stock and a no cat downpipe? and does it bolt right onto the hks super dragger?
I believe the RT DP will only lose around 10-15 rwhp whereas the stock cats cut off 40 rwhp or so. I don't know if it will bolt right up.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm also looking for an exhaust system, but wonder if the 4'' is too big? Will it make any more lag? or its good for the car?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
btw, can someone send me the link on the original clash of the titans?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
so anyone got the answer on whether the rt downpipe and the hks super dragger would bolt up nicely?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts