Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a 2.5 inch exhaust for my 95 NA supra

I want a Greddy or Blitz exhaust system , but I know you can get one made and its cheaper

are there really any difference ?

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Most people on here have had trouble with custom made exhausts one that comes to mind is Xdreamer. Yes you do save money, but do you know where you save money? Alot of the times you save money in the R&D the most critical part of the item.

Regards,
Kevin

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
I agree, making your own custom exhaust can have bad effects, and not sound as good, perform as well, or be as good quality. I personally run the Blitz NUR spec and I like it a lot. It's stainless, looks incredible, and I get compliments daily on the sound.

PM me if your interested in exhausts.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
I just got my blitz in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blitz Nur Spec ~ what does Nur mean ?

how much performance gain can you get out from that exhaust on a NA Supra ~ ?

got any sound files ? ; D

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Malachi said:
Blitz Nur Spec ~ what does Nur mean ?

how much performance gain can you get out from that exhaust on a NA Supra ~ ?

got any sound files ? ; D
Hey,

For sound files search the forums and something will come up. As far as performance gains your low end torque will decrease and your high end will increase by 7-9bhp.

Nur means it's JDM TYTE and pretty much increases the price a couple hundred. Us Americans like that "V-SPEC" "NUR TUNED" "TYPE-R" talk.

Regards,
Kevin

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
Hey,

For sound files search the forums and something will come up. As far as performance gains your low end torque will decrease and your high end will increase by 7-9bhp.

Nur means it's JDM TYTE and pretty much increases the price a couple hundred. Us Americans like that "V-SPEC" "NUR TUNED" "TYPE-R" talk.

Regards,
Kevin
Lol not like Nur is short for a very famous track or anything lol.

Damn, didn't know so many supras were rockin the Blitz Nur-Spec. The Blitz is just :eek2:

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
87turbosupra said:
Lol not like Nur is short for a very famous track or anything lol.

Damn, didn't know so many supras were rockin the Blitz Nur-Spec. The Blitz is just :eek2:
Ryan,

:lol:

It is but do you think Blitz tuned their exhaust on the ring? Of course not they just want us Americans to have cool sounding products. And yeah the Blitz Nur Spec is my #1 selling exhaust.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
greddy ti bitches!!

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
Ryan,

:lol:

It is but do you think Blitz tuned their exhaust on the ring? Of course not they just want us Americans to have cool sounding products. And yeah the Blitz Nur Spec is my #1 selling exhaust.

Regards,
Kevin
I never said it was tuned on the ring.......just named after it. :stickpoke

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
87turbosupra said:
I never said it was tuned on the ring.......just named after it. :stickpoke
Ryan,

Exactly which is what I'm saying. The Japanese use their marketing skills and use words like Nur-Spec, Type R, V-Spec, R1 etc to increase prices and intersest in products.

Regards,
Kevin

·
painted cf hood advocate
409 Posts
Well Blitz does have a very good reason to use Nur-spec, because after all they did hold the official lap record for a road going car at the Nurburgring ring.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
blaze1539 said:
Well Blitz does have a very good reason to use Nur-spec, because after all they did hold the official lap record for a road going car at the Nurburgring ring.
I am well aware of this, I was being sarcastic in my "NUR-SPEC" reply and what it stood for. In my opinion all this fancy lingo just helps move the product, I know I do this for a living.

Bottom line: The Nur Spec is the best bang for the buck, Blitz is a reputable company, what Nur Spec means isn't important.

Regards,
Kevin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts