Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Let's Do This
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of looking for a new exhaust system and would like some opinions. I'm looking for a low rumble, a quiet hum, nothing too obnoxious. I was eyeing the blitz nur spec, Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you-

·
whooohoooo!
433 Posts
im also looking into a new exhaust system.. IRC theres the blitz nur spec R which is quieter than the nur spec and thats without the silencer.. so obviously with silencer it should be even less noise.

edit: its the 'RX' version that is quieter..

·
Its Almost Easy
352 Posts
hi-power is nice. seems to fit the description as well. just dont get headers if you dont want the noise. car becomes MUCH louder. it was perfect w/ just exhaust though.

·
Registered
783 Posts
HKS Carbon Ti. Low rumble at idle and sounds mean when you get on it. Not to loud though. Look on youtube and for the HKS Carbon Ti for video. You will fall in love with it.

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
i had test drove an NA with GT spec Apexi exhaust, it sounded so good and wasnt to loud to me. I just ordered one for my NA and hope it sounds as good as the NA I tested out about a year ago...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Apexi N1..very nice sounding, deep rumble at idle and pretty mean sound at WOT.
Now the exhaust is made in 2 pieces, instead of a long one piece system..this also helps on saving shipping fee.

Here are some pics of it on my NA:

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
I have the TRD gen II replica and it is awesome! why spend 700 bucks on a name brand...:D
O thats not the reason I bought it. I just liked the sound of it over the HKS. I have never heard a APEXI N1 but I have heard good things about it. With a twin muffler design, I would assume it would be much more low tone at idle but sound really nice at full tilt.

·
Actual Member Since 2003
3,211 Posts
Haha if you get the blitz nut spec, you are going for the exact opposite. Can't go wrong with hks, greddy, or the trd replica. I think the blitz sounds the best tho.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
it seems like "a quiet hum" can be interpreted quite differently by different people

lol

but my vote is to the trd -- sounds mean in a clean, factory way that hints subtly of something darker, and more than what it seems

apexi gt spec i think sounds good and unique

+1 on the apexi n1 too -- exactly as they already described; deep hum at idle and can scream at WOT

obnoxious at least on some of the crazy cars / drivers i've seen / heard in person *cough*: blitz nur spec, greddy evo1 -- not sure about evo2, hks carbon-ti, hks hipower

1 - 20 of 33 Posts