Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first time it did this was right after changing the oil last week. I got the oil changed and fired up the car and let it warm up for a few minutes (i went in the house) and then took off down the road and cycled through the guages reseting the max read readings and when i recalled the exhaust temperature guages max reading it had read maximum (12) and at the time was reading 5 while driving down the road. I reset it and kept an eye on it and it never read more than 7. I always reset it when i park it. Then today, the same deal, i let the car warm up while I went back in the house and got going down the road and it again had read max at some point while idling in the driveway. Any help would be appreciated.

·
1,070 Posts
My gauge does a test sweep up to the max, 1200 C, when the car first starts up. Maybe your guage does that as well, but it sees it as the actual max reading instead of just a startup sweep?

If you reset it afterwards it goes back to reading normal right? I would check all the connections: ground, power, sensor. If you can't find anything, I guess you just have to remember to reset it everytime you first start the car.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a greddy and I noticed it does a test sweep when the ignition is turned on. Yesterday I stayed in the car during warm up and it didnt do it that time. Ill keep an eye on it and will check all the connections later this week. Thanks for the info and suggestion.

·
Registered
707 Posts
It's wiring connection plug is coming loose. One of my Greddys have done it before.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im off tomorrow and that is the first thing I will make sure the plug is seated all the way in. Thanks again for the suggestions and info. Also, hasnt done it any since I have stayed in the car to see if it happens...one of those things, wont do it untill no one is there to see it happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts