Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my RMM downpipe on for some time now and finally decided to fully uncork the engine. I bought the Greddy SP system. When I went to bolt up the first piece of the greddy (1 into 2 pipe piece) the bolt holes would not line up. The flanges would not even flush up because the greddy pipe was hitting the frame brace. Anybody had this problem? Did I get a freak downpipe with the angle of the flange a little off? :(

The pictures on mkiv.com show the pipe fitting fine under the brace. :rolleyes: Any suggestions or help is welcome.

here is the pic from mkiv.com http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/exhaust/greddy_sp/undercar1.JPG

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hmmm, don't mean to insult or anything but are you sure you don't have the Greddy flipped upside down? Those usually fit up really nice and if the stock one fit right then the SP should too...

That's a tough one with looking under your car...

A

·
0 Posts
I think you got something backwards. It's OK. I had to switch things around once before it was all set up right.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried it both ways. I mostly tried it one way and got pissed off that it wasnt working. :mad: Maybe it was supposed to go the other way? I'll try it tommorow.......:eek: maybe Im just retarded and tried to put it in upside down.

tommorow...........:biggrin: ?

There is a little notch that is right up against the flange nearest to the downpipe. Is that supposed to be down towards the ground or up?

I would not recommend trying to do this by yourself...this exhaust is HEAVY.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttplayn, What gasket did you use for the DP? I had the stock toyota gasket in there but was going to take that and just put some RTV on there without a gasket. Just wondering if that was causing some misalignment?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea Troy, I'll sell it to you for $299.95 :D . Ok guys, I looked at it today and came to the conclusion that I have a dud downpipe. The dp bolts up to the 02 housing fine. The support hole for the downpipe lines up fine. the flange where the dp connects to the cat-back is almost touching the heat shied. That cannot be right. The pipe is horizontal until where the pipe makes a little s turn and it is angled up too far. I'm going to have to get in contact with dusty to see if he will send me another one to make sure its not the downpipe:( . If not, I will have to take the downpipe to the muffler shop and have them bend it a little. The flanges are about .25-.5" of, height wise (dp to cat-back). Thats it.

Arggggh :mad: :mad: :mad:

p.s. :D I did have the greddy pipe in right......it just wouldnt line up.....Im not retarded:cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well...............for anybody interested. I put the stock DP:( back on and the greddy SP fit up perfect. The downpipe i had must have been flanged wrong or something as it was up against the heat shield. NOT even the stock exhaust would bolt up to it once i took the gasket out from the dp-o2 housing.

So I have an exhaust but no DP now. :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts