Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just wanted to know if a 3' downpipe with a 2.5' catback would be too restrictive on a stock turbo? olus how much would a setup like this cost??

Thanks.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
bottlenecking your exhaust wouldn't be good. get a 3in or bigger catback

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
This is avery broad question . . . No, it would not be too restrictive, but you will have much better results with the 3in all the way. And cost is very dependant on how it is done, manderal bent, crushbent, pre-bent pieces being welded . . .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"manderal bent, crushbent, pre-bent pieces being welded . . ." which is the best way to do it i would not know which would be the best plus woul i be loosing alot of horsepower with the 3' and 2.5' catback set up compared to a 3' system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Mandrel, Sorry I spelled it wrong, is going to be the cleanest, but most expensive.

Having one welded up can usually be done cheaper, and will have performance results similar to the Mandrel bent exhaust.

Crush bends decrease the the internal diameter of the pipe because it is crushing it, but will be the cheapest route.

I would deffinately recomend doing 3in all the way. Mandrel/Welded

You can by catbacks like the Blitz Nur-Spec or RS*R GT-2 that are Mandrel bent. Or if you look around you can find an exhause shop that has a Mandrel bender and they can do one for you.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
go shop around town at exhaust shops.
i went to a Header shop and he made me a 3" mandrel bent downpipe back exhaust for $85 and i provided my own muffler

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
if your going with 3 inch then go with 3 all the way not 2 1/2 then 3 or whatever. just make sure its the same all the way out. Unless you go to like a 3 1/2 inch downpipe and 3 inch all the way back.

~steven

·
Automotive Technician
106 Posts
While on the toipc what is the stock exhaust pipe size for 86.5 N/A and what would be the best to go with if it is 2"? Should I get 2.25" or 2.5"?

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
yeah for sure mandrel and a weld job its not too expensive depending on what kind of metal your using..... just remember your exhaust is only as big as the smallest spot.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I was gonna do this route for stealth, but I was gonna have an electronic dump right after the downpipe...

Turbo's and N/A's have the same cat-back form the factory I believe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts